New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hindi ba dapat deport if illegal Sa ibang bansa strict sa illegals.
    Safe haven CA. Hinde naman trabaho ng DMV Illegals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have to, otherwise I will have to do the whole process again (vaccine, payment and embassy)

I remember someone posted a sample exam here on which car goes first in an intersection, 4 cars yun and I did not get everything correct. Also, some of the road signs are difficult to understand, though I never saw those in the PH.

I do park in reverse using side mirrors only. How else should it be? Mukhang babagsak na talaga ako

Yes IL. The insurance is yearly? Is it expensive? I feel nervous to drive in wide expressways, that road near UP which is very wide, I can't even drive there

Wearing seatbelt is automatic/like a reflex to me, so no issue with that
    Study the DMV manual and it will be easy. Everything in the exams is written there. Make sure to know the road signs as a big part of the test is identifying road signs.

If you don't have a valid license, you will ask someone to drive you to the test center. Since I had my RP license, I just drove to the test center to take my road test.

Since you will be going to a state with snow (December to March), start reading or watch videos on how to drive in snowy and icy conditions. Wet snow, dry snow, and ice create different conditions so be warned. Wet snow is like driving thru wet sand. Dry snow will stick to tires and you can lose traction, then you will just roll/slide like a snowball. Black ice is even more treacherous, it's like driving thru glass. During fall/autumn, expect lots of rainfall and puddles of water can fill the road. If you're not careful, you might find yourself hydroplaning.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Dami ko kilala sa US na hindi take 1 in getting a US license kaya kinakabahan ako. Yung sa Pilipinas kasi, walang bumabagsak, nakapaskil ba naman sa wall ng exam room ang sagot Practical exam wala man lang parking test.
    Kaya mo yan ms cath... tsikoter ka kaya... [emoji4][emoji106] there’s a lot of you tube videos available and you can practice it in your garage... goodluck!!!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    welcome back your highness

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dami ko kilala sa US na hindi take 1 in getting a US license kaya kinakabahan ako. Yung sa Pilipinas kasi, walang bumabagsak, nakapaskil ba naman sa wall ng exam room ang sagot Practical exam wala man lang parking test.
    Babagsak ka lang sa written test kung di mo intindihin yung DMV manual. Babagsak ka sa road test kung mag drive ka parang Pinoy dito sa Metro Manila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Babagsak ka lang sa written test kung di mo intindihin yung DMV manual. Babagsak ka sa road test kung mag drive ka parang Pinoy dito sa Metro Manila.
    multiple choice naman. the answer is there. photographic memory helps.

in the actual driving, never make the examiner feel unsafe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Just follow the rules and avoid acting like a sovereign citizen, remember you are driving not travelling.

and..earth is flat

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Written exam is knowing and understanding the traffic signs and rules and their associated common sense....

Practical exam - do not forget to use the signal light and change lane fast when clear,- don't do it slowly, please... hehehe

Merging - floor the accelerator and reach the recommended freeway speed as soon as possible (no overspeeding though)- yahoo!!!

Follow the traffic speed... - there's a thing there called obstruction of traffic....

Three point turn... sisiw.....

Stop sign,- it means full stop,- not the infamous CA rolling stop...

4-way intersection - who arrived first, common sense and simple courtesy....

Pedestrians and School Buses are road kings!

Last edited by CVT; January 22nd, 2019 at 05:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Stop sign,- it means full stop,- not the infamous CA rolling stop...

4-way intersection - who arrived first, common sense and simple courtesy....

Pedestrians and School Buses are road kings!

Not only the Stop sign but make sure to slow down or stop on Yield signs.

On intersections with the traffic light switched already to intermittent (flashing red), make sure to do a complete stop before crossing. Most cities/counties have infrared cameras to take pictures of erring motorists.

Do not stop on a train track and do not attempt to cross on flashing red signal at a train intersection.

Never, never speed up over the limit on a school zone (25 mph).

Do not obstruct or switch lane in front of a bus. It is a costly $80 ticket in IL.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Welcome back Cathy!

If I may just share my experience just to set the expectation ng ibang makakabasa, when I applied for non pro sa LTO East Ave actually nahirapan ako sa written exam akala ko di ako papasa. Tricky kasi yung ibang tanong, almost similar yung mga multiple choice may binabago lang na konting word. Tapos non pro yung inaapplayan ko pero yung exam may kasamang pang professional and motorcycle. But I think if one really reviewed for it makakapasa naman. Sa batch ko, isang room kami nag exam almost 1/5 lang yung tinawag for driving test, kalahati pa nun mc naman ang idadrive. Madali lang driving test kasi wala naman deduction if bagalan mo pero you have to execute a reverse parking sa huli.

Good luck kaya mo yan! [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Driving Abroad/International Driving Permit