New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    to all tsikot members who posted.....a million thanks!

glad to report that it is indeed doable...getting your license the right way! it's chaotic, hot, time consuming and will totally bump you off your comfort zone. but nothing beats teaching your kids the virtue of honesty and doing things "the right way"!

the license is actually for my daughter. a week leading to the actual day, i was really entertaining thoughts of just doing it "the easy way" as i have doubts about her passing the practical test. i taught my daughter how to drive and having sold our last manual car 5 years ago, she learned driving via an a/t. sir tebs was really helpful when he mentioned that we can indeed use our own car for the pratical. she aced both the written and practical tests! am i a proud dad or what

so there you go guys and gals! allocate 4-5 hours, bring lots of reading materials and mineral water and that's it! even turned into a nice bonding moment when my daughter said that she'll never forget the day she got her license and will brag about getting it the "right way"

have a great weekend and keep posting......it sure helps!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    congrats to you both for the job well done

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha oo nga, pati gf ko, proud rin nung nakuha nya. at laking pasasalamat sa pagsama ko sa kanya

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sir, um kaya ba talaga pag half-day lang? kasi I have a hectic schedule at school, and I have no idea where the Main Offices are (who gives you those new non-pro licenses)

I'll be getting a new car next month (out of stock pa hehe) pero syempre I want to know if todong bilis lang talaga even without the fixer... and I'm so nervous about the pratical kasi po I never really aced at parking our Starex sa bahay... Please help!! =D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yennnnnn View Post
    Sir, um kaya ba talaga pag half-day lang? kasi I have a hectic schedule at school, and I have no idea where the Main Offices are (who gives you those new non-pro licenses)

I'll be getting a new car next month (out of stock pa hehe) pero syempre I want to know if todong bilis lang talaga even without the fixer... and I'm so nervous about the pratical kasi po I never really aced at parking our Starex sa bahay... Please help!! =D

I don't think na kaya sa half day if you're going to apply for a license 1st time after student permit...you need to go to an LTO licensing center...depends where you live...meron sa Pasay, Tayuman in Manila, Caloocan City, San Juan and sa Main...you have to be early para wala pa masyado applicants do your medical and drug test, then proceed to the evaluator for picture taking then written exams....after that the actual driving exam...then after passing them all you will be called for payment na ng license and picture taking then lastly your ID license card...probably between 3 to 4pm would be time you'll get done...good luck.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My wife and I got ours the "legal" way also. basically.

There was supposed to be a lecture then exam. We got no lecture, diretso sa exams na kaagad, puwede daw kaming mag copyahan.

there is this one question na di kami nag agree kung ano ang tamang sagot. sinagot nya ang napili nya, iba ang sagot ko. iyon lang nga, sa akin ang tamang sagot. pero pasado naman kaming 2 sa written exam.

sa driving test. umikot lang da kapitoyo with the examerner. OK na.

This was 10 years ago. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Driver's License The Right Way