New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012

When me and my family will be going somewhere, especially new place, parking is the first thing that comes to my mind. Is the place has a proper parking? How’s the condition of the parking lot? Is it safe to park? How much is parking fee? These are some of the questions that I’m very anxious to have an answer.

Let’s face it, every car owner will all go thru hard times when parking their cars whether they are the victim or they are the one the causes head aches to other drivers. Unless you can afford valet parking, you can skip this blog or you can continue to read and have a good laugh.

continue reading...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I never use valet parking. They will do more harm than good to your car, even steal your coins! Am not stereotyping, but still. If parking is really a pain, I drop off my wife in front of the mall, and tell her to go ahead and do her shopping. I'll look for that perfect spot, nevermind if I have to walk back to the mall or give the on duty security guard of a closed bank a small token for letting me use the banks' parking space, at least I know the car is "guarded".

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I never use valet parking. They will do more harm than good to your car, even steal your coins! Am not stereotyping, but still. If parking is really a pain, I drop off my wife in front of the mall, and tell her to go ahead and do her shopping. I'll look for that perfect spot, nevermind if I have to walk back to the mall or give the on duty security guard of a closed bank a small token for letting me use the banks' parking space, at least I know the car is "guarded".
    i agree with this and this is also what i do. pag mabait ang guard minsan binibigyan ko 100 as tip, sabi ng wife ko pati mga kaibigan ko sobra laki daw non para lang sa guard pero if you think about it pag nag park ka sa mga paid parking 40-50 pesos din ang babayaran mo tapos mag aantay ka pa pag puno kaya ok lang.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    nangyari din sakin 'to before, tabi naman ng isang bar, sobra puno na kasi yung parking. tapos nag-hazzard lang ako sa tapat nung bangko, then lapit yung guard bawal daw don, sabi ko baka pwede ako na lang bahala magbigay sa kanya tutal di naman aabutan ng pagbukas ng bangko coz magba-bar nga lang kami... ok naman sa kanya. ayun, ganda parking ko... may mga naka-harang pa na kadena and may bantay... Php100 din bigay ko sa kanya btw...

nagpapa-valet park din ako minsan sahotel and mga bars, so far ok naman.. wala namang nawawala... pero minsan diskumpyado ko sa mga bars, kasi di ko alam kung don nga ba talaga sila nagwo-work...
    Last edited by ecneret; July 10th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I did use the valet on St. Lukes before and from what I've noticed when they give the car back, usually the aircon is set on the highest level.. stereo on full blast.

Nung na-observe ko na ganun parati, di na ako nagpa-valet dun.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yung ibang valet wala naman talagang parking slots.. kung saan saan lang binabalandra yung sasakyan..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    yung ibang valet wala naman talagang parking slots.. kung saan saan lang binabalandra yung sasakyan..
    Tama ka po. Lalo na kung mga bar or restaurant na walang parking space. May kakilala akong babae, mostly ay valet parking ang gawa nya pag sa ganyang lugar ang punta. Only during her PMS saka nya nalaman na wala na palang spare tire ang kanyang innova dahil tinanong ng guard para sa checklist

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I really don't go for valet parking. The only recent instance i've done so was when there was no parking at Heritage Hotel where i was attending a conference (so everyone is forced to valet).

At malls i also do the same as Señor Lowslowbenz, put down the wifey and kids then i'll go search for a good spot to park. If it's Christmas season then i go to the mall early just to get a good parking or i shop at the malls in Pampanga (lots of free, good parking).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i never tried Valet as well. i remember a show in Bio about the employees in Marina Bay Sands in SG and one of the employee is teaching his staff how to drive a Lamborghini and what's not to do with it like not changing the settings of the radio and aircon.

same here, i also drop off first my family and park my car.