New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the generous reply.

I read somewhere kasi that if you are a foreigner, you are required to get US insurance/waiver. Don't know lang if it is being strictly applied sa mga car rental companies.

Will probably choose Enterprise/Budget for car-rental kasi sila lang ang mga 8-seater Toyota Sienna na kailangan namin. Do anyone of you know if ok ang service nila?

If i choose to use the car for 10 days (1 week+3 days) and then later on decide to extend it to 14 days, do i have to inform them so that I wouldn't be charged extra or will they automatically give me the weekly rate for the second week?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

Thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by civic1990 View Post
    If i choose to use the car for 10 days (1 week+3 days) and then later on decide to extend it to 14 days, do i have to inform them so that I wouldn't be charged extra or will they automatically give me the weekly rate for the second week?
    Not necessarily, they usually compute the total days spent with the car when you turn it over anyway. When I rented a car from Enterprise last year, the agent told me to give them a call when I decide to extend, but it wasn't really necessary. Just make sure to ask what time their cut-off is for daily rates and scrutinize how they compute it before you pay.

Regarding insurance, you have the option to decline all insurance offered by the agent. They usually give you a strong sales pitch before you decline, as long as you are willing to take the risk, however. If you're involved in a major accident (knock on wood)...you will have to pay an arm and a leg (pardon the pun) to the rental company.

One other tip, If you're very certain about the rental date, and which vehicle you need, I suggest you book in advance, on-line. They usually offer discount packages when you book early. Moreover, the rental company will commit a vehicle in your name, and, if it's not in the lot when you go get the car, they usually give you an upgrade free of charge.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Toyota dealerships are offering rentals of the newest line of vehicles, so don't limit yourself to rental car agencies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Do US car rental companies REQUIRE you to get Collision Damage Waiver / Insurance?