New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i came from work which was in the malate area around 7pm. i used the taft route and turned right in buendia to U-turn so that i can enter the skyway at the end of buendia. just as i turned right, a traffic cop was trying to pull me over. i barely noticed him and when i did, i was already a few meters away. i ignored him and continued driving. then i realized that he was chasing after me with a motorcycle. he pulled me over. he was very angry and arrogant.

he said that i beat a red light and that i was running away from my violation. well for one thing, there was no traffic light. at least it was not visible. another thing, that intersection is closed along taft, you need to go around and U-turn in order to get to the otherside, so there cant be a traffic light. and last, all traffic goes to the right. as far as i know, you can turn right even on a red light, unless there is a "no right turn on red light" sign.

and another thing, i wasnt the only vehicle that was turning right. i just happened to be closest to him i guess that he decided to pull me over.

at first i contested explaining all the issues i have above, but eventually i just asked for the ticket because he was very persistent in getting my license and filing the violation. got to check his id, he was quinto from the pasay police. he wrote my violation as violating traffic signals and that we had a chase before apprehension.

next day (this morning) i went to their office along macapagal ave. to file the complaint. they gave me a form and i scheduled a hearing for thursday around 2pm.

has anyone ever done this? do i have to bring someone with me because i'm sure that they will take the cop's side. any advice on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Best way you can do is check carefully were the incident take place regarding traffic sign and if found out that there is no traffic sign violated you can file a case against the aprehending officer . Better take a picture of the location and if you dont violated no need to bring someone.

Dispute with Traffic Cop