New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Question lang po regarding custom plates, na-assignan na kasi ako ng plate number eh Friday coding!
    Pwede pa ba ko kumuha ng custom plate?

Sabi kasi sa LTO website:

5. What are the documentary requirements for securing OMVSP?
    The following documentary requirements must be attached to the duly accomplished application form (Request for Optional Motor Vehicle Plates):
    5.1.Certified true copy of the Official Receipt (OR)/Certificate of Registration (CR), issued by the TDO
    5.2.Certification by the TDO that no plates have been issued to the motor vehicle together with the official receipt of payment of certification fee
    5.3.Certified true copy of the OR of payment for the plates ordered, by the Cashier and Noted by the District Head or Regional Director (applicable to Central Office “CO” applicants only)
    5.4.Sales Invoice (in lieu of other documents to authenticate year model or to determine whether motor vehicle is brand new)
    So pang brand new lang talaga?

Edit:

Bawal nga

2. What if I want to change my motor vehicle plate, is it possible?
    No, change of plate number is not allowed. Under Batas Pambansa Blg. 43: An Act Providing Number Plates to Owners of Motor Vehicles and Trailers, Amending for the Purpose Section Seventeen of Republic Act Numbered Forty-One Hundred and Thirty-Six, specifically Section 1, Sec. 17, the identification and letters of any motor vehicle number plate shall be permanently assigned to such motor vehicle during its lifetime. The only acceptable change in plate assignment is when a change in denomination is transacted/effected, i.e. from a private vehicle to for-hire or government to private, etc.
    Last edited by NewbDriver; November 21st, 2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Further information

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Dapat bago narelease ng casa ang sasakyan mo bro, nasabi mo na sa (sa SA) na gusto mo special plate para naayos na nila. Pero totoo ba na exempted sa number coding ang mga special plates?
    When we bought our Montero, hindi namin preferred ang special plate, pero noong sa Mirage HB na, duon na kami nag-special which was narealize namin na iispecial plate din sana ang montero kaso d na daw pede palitan ang plaka.
    Bat kaya jan sa pinas eh bawal ang magtransfer ng plate number to different car? As long naman na legally acquired sana ang sasakyan ay pwede? Dito sa Bahrain, you can have your plate number kahit magpalit ka ng sasakyan mo, then the next owner of your former car ay sya ang kukuha ng new plate number nya.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Not sure if this was answered before..

Any way to get rid of a vanity plate?

I'm buying a used car that has somebody's old vanity plate on it.

I read earlier that the plate only lasts 5 years.. is that true? what happens afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

LTO website seems mostly down.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B-tsai View Post
    Not sure if this was answered before..

Any way to get rid of a vanity plate?

I'm buying a used car that has somebody's old vanity plate on it.

I read earlier that the plate only lasts 5 years.. is that true? what happens afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

LTO website seems mostly down.
    What do you mean get rid? Then don't install it na lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk