New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    whoever decided, obviously did not observe for himself, and probably listened to his absentee observers.
    wala ngang namamatay diyan sa welcome, dahil napaka-bagal ng galaw ng mga sasakyan.
    baka pah... 'matay sa gutom..

granted. "let's experiment".
    but they should have seen by now, that it only built up traffic in the area.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 14th, 2019 at 10:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    It used to be closed nun panahon ni MMDA Fernando. But MMDA under "beautiful eyes" Tolentino decided to open it, and buses coming from QC use it to U-turn back. Maraming na aksident so lugar na iyan since halos cutting across ka na just to get to Ramirez. One more stupid idea.

Last year I was coming from quezon avenue (banawe side) with my new subaru forester. I had to slow down in Welcome Rotondo because cars from Mayon st. were cutting into the traffic crossing into Ramirez St. Then I stopped when a car from Mayon St. was crossing in front of me, but a car at rear of me hit my subaru forester back when I stopped.

It's so congested during rush hour. At night when coming from Espana side. I have to watch for cars cutting into Ramirez from Mayon st. It's so congested because of all the cutting.

Sino to contact to request closing the Rotonda U-turn? What if one of you just put plastic barriers into it. Would MMDA remove the barriers again?

Is the area under Quezon City or Manila? Does Welcome Rotonda mean Welcome to Quezon City or Welcome to manila? Yun ba yun boundary ng dalawa? Sino to ask for help. Office of Mayor Joy Belmonte of QC or Mayor Isko Morena of Manila.

Contact number to complain about it?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Last year I was coming from quezon avenue (banawe side) with my new subaru forester. I had to slow down in Welcome Rotondo because cars from Mayon st. were cutting into the traffic crossing into Ramirez St. Then I stopped when a car from Mayon St. was crossing in front of me, but a car at rear of me hit my subaru forester back when I stopped.

It's so congested during rush hour. At night when coming from Espana side. I have to watch for cars cutting into Ramirez from Mayon st. It's so congested because of all the cutting.

Sino to contact to request closing the Rotonda U-turn? What if one of you just put plastic barriers into it. Would MMDA remove the barriers again?

Is the area under Quezon City or Manila? Does Welcome Rotonda mean Welcome to Quezon City or Welcome to manila? Yun ba yun boundary ng dalawa? Sino to ask for help. Office of Mayor Joy Belmonte of QC or Mayor Isko Morena of Manila.

Contact number to complain about it?
    Try mo messemger sa pesbuk...

Manila Public Information Office - Home | Facebook

MMDA - Home | Facebook

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    On the one hand, HAHAHAHAHAHA! On the other hand SYEEEEEET!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Adding to the problem is not many PH drivers know how to use a rotunda...
    true. pagpasok ng rotunda, gusto nasa inner most lane agad so halos perpendicular ang pasok. paglabas naman, ganun din, parang last minute decision pag exit. kaya sa qcmc, i stay sa outer lanes kung saan mas maluwag.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016

In the video. I purposedly used the inner lane to show video of the cars constantly passing from Mayon st. to Ramirez st. If there is light traffic, no problem (like this time). But at rush hour. It is at standstill. And many cars at rush hour used the inner lane even when passing ahead because the front of it is closed.

If barrier is put, traffic would ease greatly. If the rotonda is very wide like QMC, no problem.

The cars from Mayon st. to Ramirez st can really use either D.Tuazon, Blumentritt, or Maceda. Why won't they close it?? Maybe thinking only problem is during rush hour at morning and night?

Ano comment ng traffic officials?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016

Here are cars from Mayon St. crossing to Ramirez St in Welcome Rotonda. It's like having intersections without stop lights? Even if I'm at outer lane. Have to stop at length.

Are you one of those crossing betwen Mayon St. to Ramirez St.? Do you defend it because there are no other paths nearby?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post

Here are cars from Mayon St. crossing to Ramirez St in Welcome Rotonda. It's like having intersections without stop lights? Even if I'm at outer lane. Have to stop at length.

Are you one of those crossing betwen Mayon St. to Ramirez St.? Do you defend it because there are no other paths nearby?
    no need to defend it, "because the law allows it."
    perhaps the question should be, "should it still be allowed?"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Actually I live near this rotunda and true, its really hard to navigate this one. They should put barriers that would prevent vehicles from mayon st to cross over the rotunda. They can take apo st to give them ample time to move to the correct lane.

Another bottleneck here is car crossing from speaker perez to get to the u-turn slot across elars. Why cant they just wait when its stop signal to cross it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12