New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think you're mistaking police enforcers from MMDA. MMDA has a ticket system where there are only 3 instances where they can confiscate your license. MMDAs hands you a ticket that you should pay on time.. if not, sakit sa ulo since they'll be blacklisting you on your vehicle's registration renewal. On the other hand, municipal police enforcers are allowed to confiscate your license since.. bulok pa systema nila eh -- they hand you a ticket, they confiscate your license, you get your license back at X location.

I am well-aware of the hassles in the "old" system. Pero ganun talaga yun Philippines. It's slow and our political system is crap. Even the duty of rolling out the MMDA ticketing system nationwide is marred by corruption since kokonti yun mga kokotong.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 to above

Know the difference between city cops and MMDA.

MMDA doesn't have to get your license because they're tied to the LTO and can hold your renewal if you don't pay. City cops however will still confiscate your license. They are not tied to the LTO though so you can go the jeepney driver way: file an affidavit of loss and get a new license :D Just don't get caught again in the same city though

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Every city here in Metro manila has their own set of enforcers, take for example in Manila.
    I was apprehended for beating the red light X months ago, and guess what? they are confiscating my license even if it's not the procedure with MMDA. It turned out they have different rules and regulations about traffic violations so they insisted on taking my license.
    Good think I found out a way out - I called my BIL and he pretended to be someone of position - so the kumag enforcer let me go.

For reference, here is the link to MMDA's website about Traffice Violations and Penalties.
    The Official Website of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ingat kayo along Macapagal. hinuhuli ang over the speed limit violation at sa intersection near world trade center dami nahuhuli doon.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ingat kayo along Macapagal. hinuhuli ang over the speed limit violation at sa intersection near world trade center dami nahuhuli doon.
    That's because they are overspeeding.

Serves them right, IMO.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Salamat sir sa mga reply nyo, so kawawa pala talaga kung halimbawa na ang nakumpiskahan ay pauwi pa ng far north or far south! anyway hindi Police at MMDA ang nangumpiska ng license ng father ko kundi pasay traffic enforcer lang. Thanks again mga sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
confiscation of driver's license