New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    what's the sense of getting a commemorative plate kung hindi mo rin pala pwede gamitin? and nung nagtanong ako sa nagbebenta ng commemorative plate, sabi nila exempted daw sa coding. last september 2008 lang ako nagtanong.
    to answer the question:

what's the sense of getting a commemorative plate kung hindi mo rin pala pwede gamitin?

pinagkaka-perahan kasi yan.. from the suppliers, to the middlemen pati mga promoters. one plate can only cost as much as 500php.. then sell it for 2,000 - 4,000php.. laki na agad tubo.

and nung nagtanong ako sa nagbebenta ng commemorative plate, sabi nila exempted daw sa coding.

may nagbebenta din sakin ng QCPD 69 comm plates dati.. mga pulis naman. di nila ko masagot ng derecho kung exempted nga sa coding. basta sabi nila..kapag nagkaproblema tawag na lang daw ako sa kanila. plus..masmahal pa sya ng 1,000php sa normal pricing ng commemorative plate na yun.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the law is clear about it and it had been published and announced in the media a few times that commemorative plates do not exempt any vehicle from the number coding scheme.

i wonder, why is it that there are still people who insists on breaking the law then pretend they are law abiding citizens! it's people like these that make our country the way it is now. people who think they can be above everyone else by reason of their money, position or connections. these people who we blame for the dismal and sorry state of our country are the same people we complain about in the goon squad forum, those people who counterflow, those that go opposite one way streets, those with illegal sirens, those that are inconsiderate and bastos. then we crave for those commemorative plates as if by having one we can then do the same kabastusan on the road because it exempts us from being caught, as if being able to dodge a traffic ticket exempts one from the contempt of 99% of the population of this country. but who cares, you don't naman di ba.

can you not just follow the law like everyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    Very well said Yebo!

The spirit behind buying a commemorative plate is not to "buy the law" but to show support for an organization celebrating the "commemoration" of whatever it is they celebrate i.e. founding anniversary

IT IS NOT MEANT TO BUY AN EXCUSE TO VIOLATE STREET RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    You'd be better off with your regular plate...if you have one you should display this alongside your regular plate....additional mounting on your part and yes this does not exempt you from coding...they just use the exemption to sell their plates...if you were not caught today, tomorrow that day after next, surely within the validity of that plate you will get accosted by a traffic aide.
    your gonna show support nga by putting your commemorative plate but where are you going to place it kasi kailangan nakakabit paring yung regular plate mo. ayaw ko naman nung nasa top ng regular plate yung commemorative. magmumuka ka naman jeep nun. siyempre bonus na yung exemption from number coding. but what's bastos if it is legal? and why are you going to violate the rule if it is given. yun ay kung legal. eh kaso nga hindi yun legal. that's why i'm not doing it. and one thing for yebo. sa last sentence niya. dapat ata. "can you just follow the law like everyone else?"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    and i think commiting a violation due to number coding is not a crime. kaya lang naman may number coding is to lessen the number of cars in the street. wala akong sinaktan, pinatay, natapakan o kung ano man. walang kasbatosan dun. iba yun sa paggamit ng siren. pareparehas lang tayong nababastos pag nakapila ka sa traffic, then biglang may isang malaking sasakyan. using his/her siren para lang makalagpas sa traffic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you are completely right in this regard GH and i totally agree with you. the number coding scheme is useless and unnecessary.

but i hope you will also agree with me that as long as it is in place, as long as it is the law, then ALL will have to follow.
    I will NOT be sheep and blindly follow stupid rules and laws that are clearly passed it's useful time.

IF you really want to demonstrate your willingness to follow ALL LAWS & RULES, then I suggest you start by following the old LTO speedlimit rules that has never been changed since the 1950s.

You can lead by example if you want.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I will NOT be sheep and blindly follow stupid rules and laws that are clearly passed it's useful time.

IF you really want to demonstrate your willingness to follow ALL LAWS & RULES, then I suggest you start by following the old LTO speedlimit rules that has never been changed since the 1950s.

You can lead by example if you want.
    I agree with you bro GH..

Fellow tsikoteers. any suggestions on how we can rid ourselves of the number coding scheme? Protests? Hirap magmaintain ng coding car.. sayang talaga..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

can you not just follow the law like everyone else?
    What you said is reality sir.. and reality hurts.

Are you sure you did not violate any traffic law? cast the first stone

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    what's the sense of getting a commemorative plate kung hindi mo rin pala pwede gamitin? and nung nagtanong ako sa nagbebenta ng commemorative plate, sabi nila exempted daw sa coding. last september 2008 lang ako nagtanong.
    THEY WILL NOT EXEMPT YOU FROM ANYTHING

What's the sense? How about commemorating a historic event or an important person or organization (hey, they're commemorative aren't they?)

Some of us actually collect these things.

Btw, what are the latest releases?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I agree with OTEP MD. Some people collect these. Like me. And FYI. the LTO AO regarding these, is still enforced. No Independent Republic of Makati nor Las Pinas will dishonor that, correct me if i'm wrong.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Commemorative Plates