New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, at least niky put some sense into people. I wouldn't criticize that you're raising possible traffic alleviating measures - because an effort is better than none.

The Philippines is highly consumption-driven. Our economy revolves around the purchase of goods to sustain our economy.

In a nutshell, the process is like this:
    1. OFWs send money to the Philippines
    2. Filipinos spend the money to purchase goods
    3. Businesses hire people to keep up with demand
    4. A good economy encourages more investors into the Philippines

That's it in a nutshell. This is the reason why Henry Sy is the Philippines' richest man as reported by Forbes - he effectively controls the retail sector of the country. If SM Prime coughs, the entire Philippine retail industry sneezes.

Yun problema is the lack of willpower in implementing infrastructure projects. Kita mo naman gaano kabagal sila gumawa diba? And even after project construction, nagkakaproblema pa due to corruption *cough* MRT-3 *cough*

Tokyo - land of the many-people-walking-on-the-streets. But it has a railway system this advanced..

On the otherhand, Manila has Binay's 350 hectare estate and the world's most-expensive parking building worth Php2 billion and our railway system is like this..

Hindi ko alam kung magmumura ako sa galit or matatawa nalang out of pity.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; October 17th, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    puro nalang mag close, mag reduce, mag ban... puro reduction ang solution...

mga bopols na gobyerno... ang kailangan expansion, hindi yan bulsa at mga mansyon ninyo ang ineexpand ninyo!!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Im here today at BSA Twin Tower sa likod ng megamall. As early as 1:00pm now traffic is standstill.

Iba effect sa traffic pag sale ang mall. I believe robinson galleria sale din.

Punyets! Palabas pa lang ng parking ng BSA haba na ng pila. Hanggang mamaya pa itong activity na pinuntahan ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. It took me almost 1 and a half hour to go from ultra pasig to Megamall basement parking. Grabe effect ng sale sa traffic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    mas pabor ako sa 4days work kesa 6days mall

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    phase out 65-and-abovers.. mabuhay ang soylent green!!!
    Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Iba effect sa traffic pag sale ang mall. I believe robinson galleria sale din.
    Back to the chicken and egg... close to Halloween. Payday weekend. Lots of people are going to want to shop... so... to make them come to your particular mall... have a sale!

All the malls are crowded this weekend. All of them having sales. And all to keep people from going to other malls...

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    And note... the PNR line, the only one that leads out of the city, carries only a fraction of the passengers of the other lines, because it's a single carriageway and can't operate both ways at once.
    Last edited by niky; October 19th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567