New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    change engine po makina ko,..mitsubishi lancer glxi

dating engine 4g92

new engine surplus 4g93

binili ko po sa evanghelista head and block,.at binigyan ako ng recipe,. yung papers daw ng engine is to follow

pwede ko na po ba i rehistro kahit resibo ng engine pa lang hawak ko?

may panibago bang bayad pag nag pa rehistro ng change engine?

or mag kano po aabutin pa rehistro?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    most of the engine dealers takes time before they get provide the papers least 3-6mos so by then after you recieve the papers these pointers might help for Engine Registration based on experince.
    Kindly make an advance Confirmation from the Engine Seller to prevent effort and waste of time
    Photocopy two sets of engine documents (Sales Invoice, Official Receipt, Certificate of Stock Report, Certification from Importer / Bureau of Customs)
    Affidavit of “Change Motor” to any “Notary Public”
    PNP clearance to PNP National Headquarters Camp General Crame Quezon City. (721-8598)
    Secure LTO confirmation to LTO main office at East Ave Quezon City 1100 (928-9440)
    Lastly Proceed to LTO-local or Main for Registration.
    always notify your engine seller for any sudden changes & updates like engine swaps (like what i did)

please double check also since our government might have updated the process

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    UP

Brothers car had his engine replaced, ngayon lang namin na realize yung hassle neto

Engine was fixed agad, paper works ang problem.

I checked LTO website

MOTOR VEHICLE-RELATED TRANSACTIONS

TRANSACTIONS REQUIRING CHANGE OF CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION CHANGE CHASSIS/ENGINE FROM PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED MVS

Requirements:

Original Certificate of Registration - CR is LOST

Original Official Receipt of Payment of latest MVUC and other fees - Lost too

Photocopy of the CR and OR (source of the chassis/engine) - What is this?

Confirmation of CR/OR when the registering district Office is different from the district office that issued the CR/OR (source of the chassis/engine)

Affidavit of change chassis/engine - DONE

PNP-TMG MV Clearance Certificate - Gaano katagal processing neto?

Deed of Sale of chassis/engine if acquired from different persons or entities

Appropriate Insurance Certificate of Cover - What is this?

Duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR) - Who will do this? LTO?

Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    UP

Brothers car had his engine replaced, ngayon lang namin na realize yung hassle neto

Engine was fixed agad, paper works ang problem.

I checked LTO website

MOTOR VEHICLE-RELATED TRANSACTIONS

TRANSACTIONS REQUIRING CHANGE OF CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION CHANGE CHASSIS/ENGINE FROM PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED MVS

Requirements:

Original Certificate of Registration - CR is LOST

Request in the office where the vehicle was first registered.

Original Official Receipt of Payment of latest MVUC and other fees - Lost too

Same as above.

Photocopy of the CR and OR (source of the chassis/engine) - What is this?

Photocopy of the original or and cr when you received your plates when bought new.

Confirmation of CR/OR when the registering district Office is different from the district office that issued the CR/OR (source of the chassis/engine)

Affidavit of change chassis/engine - DONE

PNP-TMG MV Clearance Certificate - Gaano katagal processing neto?

1 week for the proper method. 1 day for "improper" method... You know what i mean by that... Bring the car early in Kamp Karingal and you'll get the HPG certificate in the afternoon.

Deed of Sale of chassis/engine if acquired from different persons or entities

Appropriate Insurance Certificate of Cover - What is this?

If insured, you must present the policy of the insurance if insured.

Duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR) - Who will do this? LTO?

Any LTO office and there will be a inspection fee with proper OR

Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
    "Too short".... (keeps notifying me)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^

Bro all or nothing ba ito?

Gaya nung insurance? Wala naman kase kasama nung nakuha namen engine.

The OR/CR, surrender ba original? Hindi pwede Na photocopy Lang? How about photocopy and affidavit of loss?

So dapat pala unahin is clearance from TMG.

Due Na kase next month rehistro at the same time renewal ng insurance. Need Na talaga mapa change engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    ^

Bro all or nothing ba ito?

Nako not quite sure ako dyan bro. See my last note below.

Gaya nung insurance? Wala naman kase kasama nung nakuha namen engine.

Kung walang insurance, you can tell the LTO people na hindi ka insured and own expense ang change engine.

The OR/CR, surrender ba original? Hindi pwede Na photocopy Lang? How about photocopy and affidavit of loss?

Sa HPG, you'll need to show the original OR/CR in order for them to process the request for police clearance. Sa LTO naman, tell them (original registering branch) that you lost your OR/CR pero sana may photocopy ka nung luma kasi i-honor din nila yan. Affidavit of loss... not sure ako dyan pero I think that what you need is the affidavit of warrranty which I used before in securing a copy of the CR sa LTO. (lost CR kasi case ko before)

So dapat pala unahin is clearance from TMG.

Due Na kase next month rehistro at the same time renewal ng insurance. Need Na talaga mapa change engine.
    If the old engine is still intact, i think you need to secure the OR/CR first before doing the change engine procedure.

Again, too short! (can't send my reply)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Para di ka sabihan na too short, outside the quoted post ka mag type hehe

Medyo naguluhan ako, you replied inside my quoted message hehe

Wala nga kami maipapakita sa HPG since it is lost already hehe eh

it sounded like mauuna puntahan si HPG before si LTO kase need police clearance para iprocess ni LTO.

Another thing sa Karingal lang ba pwede gawin yun? No options aside dun?

Madali na kaya ngayon kumuha? Sana naman.

Hahaay hassle ito.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    it sounded like mauuna puntahan si HPG before si LTO kase need police clearance para iprocess ni LTO.

But you'll need the original copy of the OR/CR sa Karingal para ma-process otherwise, sasabihin nila sayo na "kumpletuhin mo muna yung requirements bago ka bumalik saamin" (been there done that). Unless may iba silang suggestion...

Another thing sa Karingal lang ba pwede gawin yun? No options aside dun?

Yes sa Karingal nalang pwede gawin. It used to be at Crame pero overcrowded na daw sila kaya nilipat na nila.

Madali na kaya ngayon kumuha? Sana naman.

Police clearance takes about half a day sa Karingal then you'll have 2 options. Either yung proper process which takes about a week of waiting for the HPG clearance to be released or yung "improper" na late in the afternoon the same day makukuha yung clearance. Syempre lahat ng "improper" processing may kababalaghan na nagaganap which I do not encourage.

Hahaay hassle ito.

Hassle talaga yan bro. Hahaha pero hindi naman maiiwasan...

Copy pasted na to para hindi na "too short"

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Secure LTO confirmation to LTO main office at East Ave Quezon City 1100 (928-9440)
    - Pano po makakuha ng LTO confirmation? thanks

Change Engine for registration na ano po kailangan?