New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    From Tommy Osmeñas FB:

A little experiment I’m trying in order to save taxpayer money:

Starting next week, the City Government will begin implementing Uber’s system to track the movement of government vehicles and personnel. This allows us make sure that they’re being used properly.

In addition, instead of buying more vehicles and hiring more personnel to drive them, the City Government will enter a trial period where government employees will travel using Grab at a discounted rate.

What this does is allow our personnel who need to go around the city (tax-mappers and sanitation inspectors for example) to not have to wait for a red-plate to become available. Instead, they can use the app to summon a vehicle just like any other person. Also, the use of the app will allow us to track their movements to make sure they’re actually doing their jobs.

I expect this to save us (or I should say, you) a lot of money. Under this program, there will be no more overpriced vehicles with “missing” spare parts. No more “sick” drivers being paid to do nothing. No more fuel stolen from gas tanks. No more red-plate vehicles used to bring employees’ families to the beach or mall. And since Uber and Grab are available to everyone, the prices charged to government can be made very transparent. Overpricing is next to impossible, and employees are tracked wherever they go.

The days of government employees abusing taxpayer-owned vehicles are finally Uber :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^yup. I read this in tommy's FB page. Still has good strategies compared to the Mike or Alvin.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I wanna see the results of this project. hopefully maimplement din sa ibang ciudad..😁

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hope it works.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    From Tommy Osmeñas FB:

Starting next week, the City Government will begin implementing Uber’s system to track the movement of government vehicles and personnel. This allows us make sure that they’re being used properly.

In addition, instead of buying more vehicles and hiring more personnel to drive them, the City Government will enter a trial period where government employees will travel using Grab at a discounted rate.

What this does is allow our personnel who need to go around the city (tax-mappers and sanitation inspectors for example) to not have to wait for a red-plate to become available. Instead, they can use the app to summon a vehicle just like any other person. Also, the use of the app will allow us to track their movements to make sure they’re actually doing their jobs.

I expect this to save us (or I should say, you) a lot of money. Under this program, there will be no more overpriced vehicles with “missing” spare parts. No more “sick” drivers being paid to do nothing. No more fuel stolen from gas tanks. No more red-plate vehicles used to bring employees’ families to the beach or mall. And since Uber and Grab are available to everyone, the prices charged to government can be made very transparent. Overpricing is next to impossible, and employees are tracked wherever they go.

The days of government employees abusing taxpayer-owned vehicles are finally Uber :D

Maganda ito , mahuhuli yung mga city hall employees na sa SM nag oopisina, lol

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Maganda ito , mahuhuli yung mga city hall employees na sa SM nag oopisina, lol
    may pumalag kaya dito?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I'm worried if anyone will find this breaking any law. For example, baka sitahin kung bakit uber lang, at walang bidding.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I'm worried if anyone will find this breaking any law. For example, baka sitahin kung bakit uber lang, at walang bidding.
    did you read the 2nd paragraph?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    From Tommy Osmeñas FB:

Good move and action po ito..

Erpats & Ermats, purely cebuano..

dito lang po ako lumaki sa NCR..

Para walang kupit or other undertime at gagala lang..

Good thing sa Cebu, walang uberpool/grabshare...

Unlike dito sa NCR, kahit wala pang uberpool/grabshare, acceptance rating, at nagsimula yung cash-payment, sabay pumasok pa ang LTFRB..

Nagka-letche-letche na lahat..

During the start of this apps, mid 2014-early 2015, karamihan mga operator/driver, at yung mga rider mismo, mga negosyante, socialites, at familiar sa apps na yan..

Kahit maayos ang pagmamaneho at yung service, hindi talaga lahat ng rider, maayos, may iba talaga na gagawa ng report, para makapang-gulang... wala pang uberpool at acceptance rating dati.. pero ang surge, umaabot ng almost 5x..

marami lang talagang nasilaw dahil sa mga matinding promo-code at compensation ng driver..

yung lang, nung dumami na... bumaba ng bumaba na..

kaya nga maraming hindi na nagigising habang natutulog sa sasakyan para lang ma hit yung incentives...

pag pumupunta ako ng cebu, share ko talaga sa mga nagmamenho na iba ang patakaran sa NCR.. hindi sa paninira, pero yan ang reality..