New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Im explaining this as best as I could, I really don't know where to turn or what to do, I figured that before I do anything I ask some help from any of you here. Here's the story, I recently purchased a second hand car, and its my first time doing so and first time owning one. I bought the car from a friend of mine who is a Med rep who sold his company car to me, at that time the car was just recently registered and its OR and CR was still under his company, but it was ok since he provided all the necessary papers and signed documents to validate the sale and I decided that I would just not transfer the car yet to my name since it was only a week since its registration was renewed and it would be a waste of money, which was probably the biggest mistake I have ever made. 1 year after purchasing it I decided that it was finally time to renew the registration and transfer it to my name, but for some reason I can no longer seem to find the folder that contains all the necessary documents which contained important papers like, the document that contained the signature of his superiors to validate the sale, insurance papers, etc. My worst fears is that I may have lost all these for good and the only papers I have in my possession is just a photocopy of the recent OR and the CR and the cars operation manual... and that's it, I have absolutely no clue what to do next, so my question is am I in deep sh*t? do I still have a way to renew my cars registration? any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first, do not panic.
    second, call your friend who sold that to you.
    third, if your friend is not connected to the company anymore, call the company.

you can still renew the registration, but it would still be under the previous owner's name, which is the company.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

first, do not panic.
    second, call your friend who sold that to you.
    third, if your friend is not connected to the company anymore, call the company.

you can still renew the registration, but it would still be under the previous owner's name, which is the company.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lol...for wanting to save...ganun din pala mangyayari...for the meantime you need to have it still register under the company's name if you can't get all documents before your registration is due...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Have your friend execute an affidavit that he actually sold the car to you for a price. Then you can probably show it to the company for them to verify in their records whether the same car was indeed issued and released under your friend's account.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    malamang existing pa naman yun company?
    maayos mo yan hassle nga lang
    and tama yun mga suggestion nila na register mo muna para bawas ka ng isang problema

good luck boss

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TS, when you said you bought it, was there a notarized deed of sale? if there was, it wouldn't be difficult to reconstruct the documents because the notary public would have a copy of the deed, or if the latter had already submitted his monthly report to the RTC Multiple Sala, then you could go there. The notary public has notarial book granting he is not fly-by-night. Get the details of the deed of sale-- document number, book number, page number-- before going to the RTC Multiple Sala. You have any question, just post it here.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Which Pharma company is this? Pls PM me the name of the company.

Aside from the notarized deed of sale, you might have been given a copy of the notarized corporate secretary's certificate authorizing the Pharma company to sell the car.

As JM said, you can go to the RTC of the city where the notary public who notarized the deed of sale obtained his commission. (I hope you have those information for reference.) The name of that office is Office of the Clerk of Court of that RTC. In the OCC, there's a Notarial a Section that holds custody of the documents. You can also go to the notary public directly abs get a certified copy of the deed of sale.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    In Response to Jm's Im not sure, I believe it was Zuelig but im not that certain.

Thanks by the way guys you dont know how grateful I am, Ill take all your suggestions and see how this plays out... talk about trial by fire huh, Im a newbie at car ownership, and to get a problem like this..lol its like playing an online game for the first time, and you go ahead and fight a level 99 boss while your still at level 1, hehe I even have to decipher with a friend of mine who knows a little about cars about what some of you guys said, cos to be honest a lot was some hard core jargon, I was like "The what and the wha??" But dont worry Ill manage, ill take this as a challenge na lng

BTW to tell you the truth Im already 1 week late for the registration, most likely Im going to be paying a late fee, so question is does the late fee increase the later you register or is there just a fixed late registration fee? and do any of you have any idea how much I will be paying when it comes to registering a car? first time eh, I own a 2007 Hyundai Getz 1.1, so around how much do you think I will need to set aside including the late fee? Cos most likely I wont be able to register it for a while cos moneys just a bit tight since Im paying for my wife's schooling

Thanks again for the response

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    In Response to Jm's Im not sure, I believe it was Zuelig but im not that certain.

Thanks by the way guys you dont know how grateful I am, Ill take all your suggestions and see how this plays out... talk about trial by fire huh, Im a newbie at car ownership, and to get a problem like this..lol its like playing an online game for the first time, and you go ahead and fight a level 99 boss while your still at level 1, hehe I even have to decipher with a friend of mine who knows a little about cars about what some of you guys said, cos to be honest a lot was some hard core jargon, I was like "The what and the wha??" But dont worry Ill manage, ill take this as a challenge na lng

BTW to tell you the truth Im already 1 week late for the registration, most likely Im going to be paying a late fee, so question is does the late fee increase the later you register or is there just a fixed late registration fee? and do any of you have any idea how much I will be paying when it comes to registering a car? first time eh, I own a 2007 Hyundai Getz 1.1, so around how much do you think I will need to set aside including the late fee? Cos most likely I wont be able to register it for a while cos moneys just a bit tight since Im paying for my wife's schooling

Thanks again for the response
    Iirc, the penalty is the same whether u registered 1 day after expiry or 1y after expiry.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paulomik View Post
    Iirc, the penalty is the same whether u registered 1 day after expiry or 1y after expiry.
    No it is not. I paid additional 50% of the registration fee because I was one week late. Penalty would be cheaper if it were less than a week daw.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 17th, 2015 at 11:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast