New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Good day fellow tsikoteers....just want to clarify if a holder of an rc-2 license, does this mean you could also operate an automatic "matic" transmission vehicles?....I browsed at the back of the license card to see that there is a restriction code 4 and 5 pertaining to "matic" operation...does this mean you have to have at least rc-4 to be able to drive "matic" cars?...Anybody with inputs on this?....Thank you and good day.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    if your restriction is 2 you can also drive automatic transmission upto 4500 kgs Gross Vehicle Weight so pag REstriction 2 ka pwede ka sa 4

but if your restriction is 4 di ka pwede sa 2

same din pag 3 restriction mo pwede ka sa restriction 5 whic is above 4500 kgs GVW

same goes here if restriction mo is 5 di ka pwede sa 3

HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
    if your restriction is 2 you can also drive automatic transmission upto 4500 kgs Gross Vehicle Weight so pag REstriction 2 ka pwede ka sa 4

same din pag 3 restriction mo pwede ka sa restriction 5 whic is above 4500 kgs GVW

HTH

Thanks for the clarification.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fast lane View Post

HTH
    RC 2 allows you to drive any 4-wheeled vehicle up to 4500 kgs Gross Vehicle Weight (cars, vans, SUVs, etc) regardless of transmission (auto or manual),

RC 3 allows you to drive vehicles 4500 kgs - up Gross Vehicle Weight (trucks, light trucks, etc.) regardless of transmission (auto or manual)

RC 4 restricts you to drive in automatic ONLY and you need either/both RC 2 and 3 respectively

RC 1 allows you to drive 2 or 3 wheeled vehicles above 50cc in displacement, also regardless of transmission (auto or manual).

I hope this clarifies everything. Also, please do a Search first before creating a new thread. There are numerous threads about this and this has been discussed for the nth time.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I didn't know that. Thanks. :tounge2:

My restrictions are 1 & 2. If I upgraded it to 1,2 & 3, would I have to be a professional license holder? Is it possible?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately, the phrase "regardless of transmission" is not specifically printed on the license itself ... so this is one source of kotongero's income for unwary drivers with RC2 and driving an automatic car

this was not an issue when practically all cars were manual ... now that automatics abound, kotongeros are taking advantage, especially on the younger drivers

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Tella View Post
    I didn't know that. Thanks. :tounge2:

My restrictions are 1 & 2. If I upgraded it to 1,2 & 3, would I have to be a professional license holder? Is it possible?

If you are a holder of a Non-Pro license then you have to upgrade your license to a Prof one...Non-Pro can have a max of 1 & 2 rc (correct me if I'm wrong here), if you are already a Prof license holder then you also have to take exams: drug, written and practical (I hope I got this right). Hope I helped.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    for driving scooter? do you need the "1" or only "2" on your license will do?

what to do if "1" is also needed to drive a scooter?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    you need RC1 to drive motorcycles/scooters

my RC is "12", so i can drive a car and a scooter HTH

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DON2003 View Post
    for driving scooter? do you need the "1" or only "2" on your license will do?

what to do if "1" is also needed to drive a scooter?
    The answer to your question is explicitly stated above (post#4). Please read before asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can rc-2 license holders operate automatic transmission vehicles?