New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Will the procession on Monday also affect traffic in other parts of Metro Manila?

I need to be in Chino Roces in Makati at 11:00am. Will I be affected by the traffic if I'm coming from NLEX?
    Malayo na.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Contrary to earlier media report that Jan 9 is a non working day for Manila, City Hall now says that it is up to the owners of Private Offices if they'll open on that day...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is it still safe to go to Binondo tomorrow (January 7)? Wala pa naman Black Nazarene activities?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Is it still safe to go to Binondo tomorrow (January 7)? Wala pa naman Black Nazarene activities?
    December 9 pa naman yung BN activities. Even on the day itself, as long as you don't get blocked by the procession routes, ok ka pa.

Quiapo =/= Binondo, although malapit na yung dalawa hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    December 9 pa naman yung BN activities. Even on the day itself, as long as you don't get blocked by the procession routes, ok ka pa.

Quiapo =/= Binondo, although malapit na yung dalawa hehe
    My Mom said she heard in the news that there will be a procession tomorrow. I plan to go to Divisoria/LCM kasi. They pass Jones Bridge dba?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My Mom said she heard in the news that there will be a procession tomorrow. I plan to go to Divisoria/LCM kasi. They pass Jones Bridge dba?
    Jan 9 rather. December pa iniisip ko.

MPD issues rerouting plan for motorists on feast of Black Nazarene | Inquirer News

10PM pa magsstart tomorrow yung road closures as long as hindi ka dumaan sa grandstand

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Jan 9 rather. December pa iniisip ko.

MPD issues rerouting plan for motorists on feast of Black Nazarene | Inquirer News

10PM pa magsstart tomorrow yung road closures as long as hindi ka dumaan sa grandstand
    Thanks I can proceed with my plans then

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks I can proceed with my plans then
    Mukhang inaantok pa ako.

Jan 9 = Tuesday.

Jan 8 10PM pa yung road closures.

Tom should be all clear talaga haha

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mukhang inaantok pa ako.

Jan 9 = Tuesday.

Jan 8 10PM pa yung road closures.

Tom should be all clear talaga haha
    hahaha! great! I won't be rushing home tomorrow

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    There is a replica procession

Schedule of 2018 activities of Feast of the Black Nazarene of Quiapo
    The official Facebook Page of the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene releases the list of activities for the upcoming Traslacion

Rappler.com
    Published 2:17 PM, January 01, 2018
    Updated 2:18 PM, January 01, 2018

TRASLACION. Devotees try to get near the carriage carrying the image of Jesus of the Black Nazarene as the annual Traslacion starts at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila on Saturday, January 9, 2016. Photo by Ben Nabong/Rappler

MANILA, Philippines – As the year opens, Black Nazarene devotees prepare for the upcoming Traslacion on January 9, 2018.

Millions of devotees of the Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno pledge to participate in the procession starting at Quirino Grandstand to Quiapo Church every year, hoping for miracles or thankful for them.

Last Sunday, December 31, thousands of devotees joined the Black Nazarene thanksgiving procession early Sunday. (IN PHOTOS: Thousands join Black Nazarene thanksgiving procession)

The Black Nazarene statue, crowned with thorns and bearing a cross, was brought to Manila by Augustinian priests in 1607. It is also believed to have been partially burnt and blackened when the galleon carrying it caught fire on a voyage from Mexico, another Spanish colony at the time.

The official Facebook Page of the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo released the list of activities for the upcoming Traslacion. Here is the list:

December 31, 2 am – Thanksgiving Procession
    December 31 to January 8, 6 pm – Novena Mass
    January 7, 1:30 pm – Replica procession
    January 9, 12 mn – Eucharistic Celebration at Quirino Grandstand. Fr Hernando Coronel is the presider of the mass while Archbishop of Manila Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle will give the homily.
    January 9, 5 am – After the morning prayer at 5 am, Traslacion starts from Luneta to Quiapo Church.
    – Rappler.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Black Nazarene Traffic Chaos: Avoid Manila