New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I need to rant. I went to BF today to stock up on my kimchi supply. My BFF used to buy this for me regularly when she goes to BF but since she's in the US now, I have no choice but to buy it myself.

I passed Lopez gate and was shocked that the guard would not accept my DL, then he showed me the tarp of acceptable IDs - NONE of which I have! I said I only have my DL because since the pandemic I only bring my phone, card, cash, DL and alcohol! I said either let me in without leaving anything or accept my license, so he got my DL but would NOT GIVE ME A NUMBER. Anyway, I was in no mood to argue so I just left my DL but so bad trip! I told him he better not lose my license. Medyo masungit nga that guard kasi back when I used to go to BF at least once a month, I don't leave my license naman, I just tell the guard where I am going.

I suppose they are not accepting DL because there's a law ata that says DL can't be required by villages?
    If you still have any of you old company IDs, yun na lang ibigay mo.

I had a horrible experience one time when we visited a client in their residence sa Xavierville QC. I was still not aware back then na di na pala dapat kinukuha ang DL when entering a subdivision. Nung time na palabas na kami, hindi makita yung DL ko sa slot nung binigay sa aking visitor ID number. Halughog sila sa lagayan nila pero wala talaga. 10 minutes passed, di pa rin makita. Next thing they did was check their CCTV. Turned out, yung guard on-duty na nagbibigay ng surrendered ID sa mga palabas na visitor eh napagpalit nya dun sa katabi ng slot ko. The driver did not bother to check the DL that was handed over to him. Luckily, they knew where that visitor lived and it was just in another subdivision beside Xavierville daw. So lumabas yung supervisor sakay ng motor at pinuntahan dun sa bahay. Inabot din kami ng 1 hour dun sa gate. Abot-abot ang sermon na natanggap nung guard sa supervisor nya.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Yup when they ask for an ID instead of a DL, I just give them my expired Police Clearance ID.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Had the same with Greenwoods in Pasig. Had to pick-up an item and the only ID I carry is my Driver's License. They don't accept it anymore. Only
    other thing I had with me was my vaccination card, so they "accepted" it but not in exchange for the village pass with #.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I remember seeing this article earlier... buti na lang I found it again.

Subdivision guards have no authority to take visitors' licenses — PNP | Philstar

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Speaking of no ID sa guardhouse, kaya pala nung last na punta ko sa Village East itinapat lang sa dashcam/CCTV yung DL ko then I'm free to go na.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Here we go again, August 2022 edition. I don't think this will last long just like in 2005 when this thread was started. Pero sa BF naman they have separate hoa pa within BF and gates within gates

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...c-traffic.html

Gov't orders BF Paranaque gates opened to public traffic

If you live in the southern part of Metro Manila this may come as welcome news. If you live in BF Homes Paranaque, you may have a very different perspective.

The Human Settlements Adjudication Commission has issued a Writ of Preliminary Injunction against the BF Federation of Homeowners Associations, Inc. (BFFHAI). This is part of a larger legal battle that has been happening in the subdivision between the homeowners' associations, but the effect on motorists in the area is significant: the gates at Aguirre, Elizalde, El Grande, Tropical, and Concha Cruz have been opened to the public.

BFFHAI has been ordered to stop requiring car stickers for all vehicles passing these gates, and to stop collecting fees for stickers and for entry fees (e.g. for delivery service providers). Moreover, it seems the association has also been ordered to vacate the main gates and to dismantle the booms and barriers.

This order means that vehicles can pass through the gated community can now enter and use the roads of the subdivision for a shorter route as the area is known for traffic build-up. There are also a lot of businesses along Aguirre street, so visiting the establishments there won’t require leaving a driver's license or an identification card.

BF Homes is a large gated community in Paranaque City. Actually, it's the largest barangay in the city by land area covering almost 7.7 square kilometers and has a population of over 90,000 people.

Though it’s good for traffic that the subdivision is opening up to help ease the situation in the area, how will the people living in the gated community feel about it? There is a pushback from the homeowners themselves when it comes to the opening of the gates. Understandably they want to maintain the security, privacy, and exclusivity of BF Homes subdivision. They are fighting back and demand that their gates be opened only to residents with valid subdivision stickers.

BFFHAI President Arturo Carlos Astorga has confirmed, through the Facebook post, the gates are open and he has advised the guards to be on high alert during this situation. He has also stated that they have already filed their appeal and will hopefully overturn the injunction in their favor.

As for now, motorists will have more routing options that will definitely help ease of the traffic around the area. This opportunity may also benefit business owners as more people can now frequent their establishments, which will yield higher sales.

Are you for or against the opening of the five BF gates? And if ever they open for good, would the other villages follow suit and share their roads? Let us know in the comments.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Here we go again, August 2022 edition. I don't think this will last long just like in 2005 when this thread was started. Pero sa BF naman they have separate hoa pa within BF and gates within gates

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...c-traffic.html

Gov't orders BF Paranaque gates opened to public traffic
    Does this mean you can now enter BF from Sucat Road the exit thru Alabang Zapote gate (& vice versa) without sticker na?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Does this mean you can now enter BF from Sucat Road the exit thru Alabang Zapote gate (& vice versa) without sticker na?
    the gates at Aguirre, Elizalde, El Grande, Tropical, and Concha Cruz have been opened to the public.
    If the gates are indeed open na, yes, from Sucat Road either Aguirre or Lopez/El Grande then exit Alabang Zapote Gate (Concha Cruz)

I might go to BF more often na. I hate stopping/leaving my ID at gates but that won't be a problem anymore

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ito bf homes paranaque tawag ko jan eh village ng mandirigma. First time ko nakapunta jan year 2005 nashock talaga ako bakit ang gulo ang dami commercial store after ng mcdo guard house.

Ito nabasa ko sa facebook

ang gulo na ngayon dyan sa BF. Galit mga homeowners. Dati nga gated p trapik na dyan. Mas lalo na ngayon. Dami kc talaga nkikidaan dyan. Dami pang resto , gimikan at bar sa President Ave.. at Aguirre Ave.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Required na ulit ng BF sticker since yesterday.

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
BF Homes P'que Gates open to public.