New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I personally don't agree with the opening of the gates to the public. If you think about it, residents of a village have to buy stickers to get into their own villages. Why do some people think that non-residents should not pay for non-resident stickers and just be allowed to pass through (for free) by opening the gates. Are they crazy? Residents pay but non-residents can come and go for free?

And if you really think about it, a village is "open" to the public. The public just needs to pay for the non-resident stickers. They are not absolutely banned from entering or passing thru. They just need to pay for the passing thru privilage.

Damn those people responsible for opening those gates! They are obviously not using their heads. Stupid! Dumb! May they be stuck in terrible traffic with a very full bladder and an over flowing colon everyday for the rest of their lives!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...it's actually becoming more of a homeowners vs. businessowners thing.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I don't see why having to pay for a non-resident sticker or stopping to leave your license to get to a shop or restaurant in BF is such a concern for business owners (if this is what you mean). People not entering villages do this all the time. They pay to park at the mall to get to a shop or restaurant in the mall. People stop to have their vehicles checked and get parking tickets at the mall to get to shops and restaurants at the mall. Paying/stopping to enter malls does not seem to hinder customers from coming. Why should paying for a sticker or leaving your license (if you don't want to pay) be any different? Busineses in BF already have a lot of customers from the residents alone, and they already bring in outsiders who leave their license or buy stickers.

Point is residents pay for the right to get into their own villages. Why give this right away for free to everyone else who does not even live in the village. I agree that everyone should be able to pass through, but at a price. Those not wiling to pay or leave their license are free to always find another way around private property. Just like if someone is not willing to pay the parking fee, they are free to park down the road and walk to the mall. Another example is the skyway or epass. Those not willing to pay the price are not forced to pass the skyway or buy epass units. They can always pass the regular highway and fall in line the cash lane. We have choices.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The way i see it the bussineses in BF will LOSE CUSTOMERS if they open these gates to the public. HASSLE na mag park sa BF even before they opened those gates. So what more now that these gates will be opened.

TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT will not fix the problem.
    ROAD WIDENNIG?? ---> ARE YOU GONNA KICK US OUT OF OUR HOUSES (MAIN ROAD)just for these cheap asses to pass our gates and free the traffic??. HELL NO.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...with business owners, it's not about the overpriced sticker thing they're ranting about. it's the extra "fees" they are being charged for the vehicles that comes in for their supplies and etc.

...honestly, i dont think having a resto inside BF is profitable. dami nang nagsara dahil nalugi. people wana eat out where there's a mall they can stroll around after eating.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we used to live in BF on one of the main roads...

i personally do not like the lack of security now... and even then (when it was still supposedly closed). which is why we moved out. but now that its open, it's only a matter of time before some incident occurs... (i.e. carnap, theft, etc.)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed
    we used to live in BF on one of the main roads...

i personally do not like the lack of security now... and even then (when it was still supposedly closed). which is why we moved out. but now that its open, it's only a matter of time before some incident occurs... (i.e. carnap, theft, etc.)

Me and my family are about to move to our newly acquried house in BF. Fortunately is not on the main road. But I agree with the above post and am very worried about security. Looks like I will need to buy a shotgun! Hahahaha!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    here's my two cents worth; ok sa akin ang buksan ang gates ng bf, why? first of all, i dont think security is the issue here, if you take a close look at it, only the house along aguirre (na mostly commercial na) and along elizalde are affected, all other houses have their own phase/sectore security, i would say 95% of the homeowners will not be affected by this "security" issue. Second, if you look at the bigger picture, the mayor is only doing this to help ease the trafic along sucat road by creating a by-pass through aguirre which i dont think is wrong. Third, the trafic sir bougarrt mentioned was not caused by opening the gates, it was caused by the pres. celso reyes who deliberately turned off the trafic lights and did not post trafic inforcers along critical intersections (talk about being childish) para gumanti, and pls note, the trafic went to normal the following day with the posting of red shirted enforcers so i conclude opening the gates did not affect trafic conditions. however, like i posted in another thread, those who wish to avail of the "short cut" should pay a price for doing so by purchasing a sticker from UBFHAI (which they can use for road maintenance) na may "peak hr use" ex. 6am-9am, 5pm-7pm, any hr before or after that iwan ka ng lisencya.
    my point is, lahat pwedeng pagusapan at may paraan, ang problema, nagiging sagabal sa mga usapan ang mga pride ng mga people involved. pinakainis ko talaga yung pinatay ung trafic lights and then blame the mayor for the trafic. I dont think that was fair.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agreed on most things... but not that it won't affect those who are NOT on the main road. Many BF Homeowners feel much safer behind multiple layers of security. As said previously, even that amount of security is not foolproof (especially if the person out to get you is another homeowner... ), but it counts for something. How can a single security guard at a gate paid for by local residents stop people climbing over fences at closed-off junctions or off the main road?

The ordnance may be for the greater good (I'm personally thankful), but the rights of homeowners must be respected. If that means I have to submit to a security search at the gates and that I have to pay a 20 or 25 peso toll fee to use BF as an alternate route, so be it. Tama nga... medyo childish yung fight ng association at mayor...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    KuyaPete,
    I agree with all you said but I think what you said about opening the gates but charging for stickers is a contridiction. First of all, when you open the gates to the public why charge them for stickers? What do you mean by this? As it is, without opening the gates, outsiders can get stickers that will enable them to pass through (non-resident stickers). I like the idea of still keeping the village a private village and people who want to pass through can purchase non-resident stickers. In other words, status quo. We both have the same views on issueing stickers for people to be able to pass thru. People who refuse to pay for the stickers can and should go around.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast