New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Lifelong ang learning, even for us.

===
    I've said in a post here before, school pedigree is nice (but only a plus, not a make or break affair) high grades and board exam results are good, but what what will ultimately determine whether you become excellent is gaining experience, and your dedication to become better in your profession.

That's why in med, unlike other professions, ang haba ng hands on training under the supervision of seniors.

We have practical exams, clerkship in the 4rth year, Internship for a year before the board exam, then those of us who want to specialize go on to residency (competitive din ito makapasok). Full fledged M.D. ka na nun but minsan trato sa iyo "IQ=Zero" ng senior resident (kung salbahe) & consultants (may mga salbahe), and you're paid even less than some call center agents pa nga to boot. Whoopee.

Wala naman akong kilala namatay dun. Kung meron man, dahil siguro from other personal factors Some quit, probably due din sa personal reasons, but "throwing in the towel" during residency is a very unpleasant experience in itself. It's like becoming a traitor and letting your whole team down.

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    plus they are treated like dirt by their patient
    Ah, sanay na kami diyan, and its quite common actually, lalo now in the age of "internet savants".

Yun bang tipong nagbabasa lang ng kung ano-ano lang sa internet whether "Quack medicine.com" or legitimate medical databases (buti sana if naintindihan ng tama) tapos kung umasta akala mo sinong marunong (malli mali naman pinagsasabi)

===
    Kaya pansinin mo mga posts of some of the doctors here sa forum.--- ang HABA ng pasensiya sa mga makukulit dito na Tsikoteers

===
    Tama naman yun to educate and inform yourself about your condition so you can discuss it intelligently with your doctor, but compared to someone with a degree and medical license, I'd hedge my bets on the latter.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I agree that the way medical service is organized is so antiquated.

Am not blaming doctors coz the fact is most likely they dont have administrative or management training. Personally, i tbink that the inefficiencies in the medical care delivery system saw the rise of HMOs — who earn money buy using scale and aggregation.

On the flip side, i seriously think our doctors are largely underpaid also. Yes there are bug shot surgeons, pero mas maraming di rin kumikita ng malaki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Ah, sanay na kami diyan, and its quite common actually, lalo now in the age of "internet savants".

Yun bang tipong nagbabasa lang ng kung ano-ano lang sa internet whether "Quack medicine.com" or legitimate medical databases (buti sana if naintindihan ng tama) tapos kung umasta akala mo sinong marunong (malli mali naman pinagsasabi)

===
    Kaya pansinin mo mga posts of some of the doctors here sa forum.--- ang HABA ng pasensiya sa mga makukulit dito na Tsikoteers

===
    Tama naman yun to educate and inform yourself about your condition so you can discuss it intelligently with your doctor, but compared to someone with a degree and medical license, I'd hedge my bets on the latter.
    couldn't agree more, samin medyo strict ako sa client ko, dinederecho ko sila ako ang nag aral hindi kayo, yan yung parati ko sinasabi na read the law as a whole and co relate.

kaya naiintindihan ko din kayo. hirap kasi yung iba nagmamagaling kasi insecure or nagpapakitang gilas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Anong BS dun? Napaka-imposible na walang emergency Ang isang doctor sa isang araw. Mapa IM,surgery,psych, optha on pedia, Fam med pa Yan. Ang BS Yun pasyente na punta sa ER ng madaling araw na Ang complain ay sipon for 1wk at maka demand na talo pa critical na patient na katabi nya.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
    Napa impossibleng everyday meron emergency. Kung ganun eh si huwag na mag clinic.

Ayaw na lang kasi by appointment gawin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Honest opinion?

Ang palpak usually is the administrative side. Doctors don't and can't afford the time to run the whole affair.

It's the supporting staff (such as clinic secretaries) who are responsible for "shepherding" patients, making sure they're properly queued (hindi yung ni-rereserve yung slot sa mga kakilala) arranging records, and updating waiting patients concerning the doc's whereabouts, and notifying patients beforehand if the the doctor already told them he/she is delayed or can't make it... so the doctor can focus on what he's supposed to do (attending to patients) instead of trying to run the clinic.

Unfortunately for most doctors, good help is hard to find (while keeping overhead costs low, so it won't be passed on to the patient)---> Yes, there's a cost to everything, eh ang problema mostly people want something for little or nothing, and you know that's not possible, whether for you as a businessman or an employee. We'd be in heaven if that were the case, not on Earth.

The problem is, the good ones don't stay. Alam nila its a menial (but vital to healthcare) job and they look for greener pastures or go overseas, so we're usually left with (sorry to say this) yung mga engot & walang kwenta due to the brain drain. You can only do so much I'm afraid...
    May ganito akong experience. Nakakabadtrip hindi dahil naghintay ka pero dahil walang sistema at pake yung staff.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    kay dr tan ci chou of ongpin na lang kayo.

sarado lang ng holy friday, new years day, christmas day, and chinese new year ata.

laging puno tapos pag lumagpas sa cut-off time eh todo pakiusap na sana i-entertain pa. Pumapayag naman pero sa anak ka na kasi doon sa tatay sobrang pagod na eh sa tanda eh pigang-piga na talaga. Pero magulat ka lakas pa katawan ang bilis maglakad.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^ yan, umamin ka, pero i still have faith yung iba hindi ganun.

ilan doctor meron dito sa pinas - vs. sa dami ng tao.

sana naman magkaroon din ng puso ang mga doctor tulad ng madaming mga abogado.
    hey! i have to eat.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Tingen ko sa mga duktor ngaun parang computer technician , imbes na computer ang binubuting ting katawan ng tao.

Kasi bago ka ma checkup, kutakot takot na interview regarding allergies, past sicknesses and hereditary diseases. Parang iwas demanda just in case, gumamit sila ng gamot na bawal sa pasyente.

And take note, the interview is done by a clerk or something. So emergency ka and you need help, isipin nyo na hinde pa kasama yun traffic , kasi meron pa 10-15 na interview, all of which nakakadadgdag sa uncertainties mo kumbakit mo nararamdaman yun , and therefore, lalo lumalala

Wala na ba yun mga duktor na issng tingin lang sa mats, alam na or may idea na kagad

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    kaya naiintindihan ko din kayo. hirap kasi yung iba nagmamagaling kasi insecure or nagpapakitang gilas.
    Dito pa lang sa Tsikot dami nang mas marunong sa mga totoong doktor. Bakit nanginginig ka?  Nagpa-palpitate ka, kita ko; doctora ako

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 27th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Bakit nanginginig ka?  Nagpa-palpitate ka, kita ko; doctora ako