New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I've been noticing more and more imported JDM cars on the streets with plates that begin with B... Just curious, where exactly are these brought in? Is this how it goes ba, that when the usual port of entry (Subic) gets too hot, they just go somewhere else? Or is this the first time that's happened? There's a car lot that just opened not far from our place that's filled with these cars, many interesting models, all dirt cheap...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    I've been noticing more and more imported JDM cars on the streets with plates that begin with B... Just curious, where exactly are these brought in? Is this how it goes ba, that when the usual port of entry (Subic) gets too hot, they just go somewhere else? Or is this the first time that's happened? There's a car lot that just opened not far from our place that's filled with these cars, many interesting models, all dirt cheap...
    hmm.. from what I know, the subic sourced imports had R plates, while the Cebu sourced imports had Y plates. maybe these B plated vehicles were sourced from poro point. it seems that's the new place to go for these vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Oh, well...I thought the government has finally solved the illegal entry of used vehicles...paging CAMPI, FPI, PCCI, BOC, other government anti-smuggling agencies and LTO....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    hmm.. from what I know, the subic sourced imports had R plates, while the Cebu sourced imports had Y plates. maybe these B plated vehicles were sourced from poro point. it seems that's the new place to go for these vehicles.
    Where's poro point? What some people are telling me is they're from Cagayan or Dumaguete, not sure who's right here...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Where's poro point? What some people are telling me is they're from Cagayan or Dumaguete, not sure who's right here...

I'm from Dumaguete. Nearly all import/surplus vehicles available here begins with "Y". I also doubt that "B" plate imports are from Cagayan (de Oro?), it has to be from up north.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Maybe the other Cagayan (Tugegarao?)... May port ba dun?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    guys the B plate is region2. and yes there is a port here in cagayan province. its way up in appari.

we got our honda s-mx there.

there are lots of cars available.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    yup, somewhere near tuguegarao. they say not only jap imports are sold but european imports as well. BMWs are sold cheap there - around 20-40% off the market price of locally sold second hand cars.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    google: poro point luzon

from manila, before reaching bacnotan, la union.. lapit lang

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Talaga? May mga 1980's ba nito? Like 1980's Benz W124?
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
B-Plate Imports