New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi guys, hope I can get some of your insights on this. I was recently apprehended by the HPG because they stated i had a missing plate in front, i told them impossible since its screwed in front. When I looked at the front it was gone, and they issued me a ticket, when i retraced my steps I saw my temp plate tore off and was on the streets a few blocks back, when i went to LTO i was dumbfounded that this issue will cost me almost 6k. I really found that unfair since i had no way of knowing my plates dropped off. A cousin told me to screw the fine, and just get an affidavit of loss and get a replacement lisence from lto....is that even possible?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Hi guys, hope I can get some of your insights on this. I was recently apprehended by the HPG because they stated i had a missing plate in front, i told them impossible since its screwed in front. When I looked at the front it was gone, and they issued me a ticket, when i retraced my steps I saw my temp plate tore off and was on the streets a few blocks back, when i went to LTO i was dumbfounded that this issue will cost me almost 6k. I really found that unfair since i had no way of knowing my plates dropped off. A cousin told me to screw the fine, and just get an affidavit of loss and get a replacement lisence from lto....is that even possible?
    illegal tinuturo sayo ng pinsan mo. try mo dispute pag tubos ng license mo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Try mo sir yung suggestion ni boss ninj. Also, not so sure kung madali or may makikipagcooperate, try mo sir icheck yung area kung san mo nakita yung plate mo kung may CCTV dun at kung nahagip yung pagkalaglag ng plate mo. Pwede mo siguro gawin yun pangback ng claim mo na di mo alam na nalaglag na. If di pa rin sila bumigay, I guess charge to experience na lang yan kung ako nasa kalagayan mo.

Balitaan mo po kami sir. Drive safe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    illegal tinuturo sayo ng pinsan mo. try mo dispute pag tubos ng license mo.

Gawain yan ng mga PUV driver if LGU nag-ticket. Di kasi linked sa LTO database before. Pero this is HPG. I wouldn't mess with these guys.

Sorry but I guess you have to suck it up OP. Malas ka lang talaga. You could bring what's left of your plate and try to argue when you pay the fine. Long shot.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Gawain yan ng mga PUV driver if LGU nag-ticket. Di kasi linked sa LTO database before. Pero this is HPG. I wouldn't mess with these guys.

Sorry but I guess you have to suck it up OP. Malas ka lang talaga. You could bring what's left of your plate and try to argue when you pay the fine. Long shot.
    pinsan ko bro ginawa yan, lusot naman kasi pasig blueboys lang. tigas ulo, di nag helmet

edit: naalala ko tuloy yun call out ni isko isang driver may 12 violation/license sa maynila sa youtube. Apprhended for Missing lisence plate

Last edited by ninjababez; November 10th, 2020 at 07:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Out of curiosity, if i bring a notarized affidavit of loss and go to an LTO satellite office to have a replacement lisence printed out... Will that be even possible? For almost 6k fine and fact money is tight, its worth the risk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Out of curiosity, if i bring a notarized affidavit of loss and go to an LTO satellite office to have a replacement lisence printed out... Will that be even possible? For almost 6k fine and fact money is tight, its worth the risk
    How will it be worth the risk? HPG caught you, not an LGU. So, mas likely flagged ka na sa LTO niyan.

If nahuli ka, anu ba pwede ikaso sa iyo? Falsifying documents? Fraud? So mas willing ka pa na baka madagdagan problema mo kaysa subukan kausapin muna yung LTO?

Tulad ng sabi nila, try mo lang dispute or kausapin since nakuha mo naman plaka mo ulit.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    How will it be worth the risk? HPG caught you, not an LGU. So, mas likely flagged ka na sa LTO niyan.

If nahuli ka, anu ba pwede ikaso sa iyo? Falsifying documents? Fraud? So mas willing ka pa na baka madagdagan problema mo kaysa subukan kausapin muna yung LTO?

Tulad ng sabi nila, try mo lang dispute or kausapin since nakuha mo naman plaka mo ulit.
    correct si sphynx, go there and bring amount youre willing to pay. ask what your options are, para di ka rin ma charge pa kung may late penalty for not claiming your license (not sure kung meron nito)
    also, magdrive ka pa ba? is 6k worth your driving privilege? if yes, pay mo nalang. but it doesnt hurt to ask for options, nasayo naman pala plaka. swerte mo naman wala nakakuha kalakal boys Apprhended for Missing lisence plate

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    strictly speaking,
    it is your responsibility to keep your plates in place.
    are your temp plates metal? how did it manage to fall off?
    is your temp plate of soft material, aka paper or cardboard? then it's your duty to see to it that it remains intact and in place.
    "driving with plates not firmly attached" is actually a ticket-able issue.
    in my view, you can only try pleading your case...
    but the only scenario that i can think of that absolves you, is if you can show that someone actually removed your plates without your knowledge and without your approval.

...the law may be harsh...
    my sympathies to you.

btw,
    six thousing bucks penalty!!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Since HPG yung huli it's almost certainly going to be in the LTO database.

If you file affidavit you'll likely end up paying for lost/replacement license PLUS the violation, so dagdag gastos lang.