New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hindi naman parating puno ang sakay nang jeep lalo na pag off peak hours..

bawas din pagkain nang driver at least 2x a day at 50 pesos per meal.. bawas din hugas sa jeep 50.. yosi pa ni manong.. tubig inumin kada 3 ikot.. tsaka masyado na yata mababa boundary na 500.. usually 700 to 800 na..
    Boss, makiki share Lang opinion, di na siguro dapat isama meals, yosi, hugas, etc when referring to take home, same goes with employees naman, take home or net pay is not inclusive of meals, yosi, car wash, parking, office attire, etc Another transport strike set on Sept. 25-26

As my boss explained to us once re meal allowance for field jobs bakit daw maliit at Hindi enough even for a carinderia, kakain din naman kayo kahit nasa office or nasa bahay kayo, but despite that the company provides meal subsidy aka allowance Another transport strike set on Sept. 25-26

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the past, government attempts at overhauling the mass transport system... failed. miserably.
    perhaps, that is one reason why the current administration's efforts are met with... jaded eyes.
    Well, looking at it. It could also be somewhat of a blessing that it was delayed to this "period of time", with the new payment methods (wireless or e-cash), various possible security "enhancements" available to the market (active/passive).

If it were too early, we'd have another pushback as they'd basically are forcing another "upgrade" when the ROI hasn't been that long or has yet to even be "achieved" to keep it with advancements.

So that might be a bright side. But definitely it needs to be done as it has been postponed far too long, for the sake of health and safety na lang din, both of the passengers and drivers na din naman. (From Euro 0 to Euro 4 spec, and forward facing seats instead of sideways that are unsafe in a crash even at low speeds, etc)

Basta wag din naman in less than 10 years another requirement to upgrade agad.

Kung definite na 15 year ang max age, sundan na yun for the improvement/upgrade schedule. ( I honestly haven't seen any official memo about this even now. Hindi available sa LTFRB website)

EDIT : What's the feedback from other "modern jeep groups" other than the BEEP minibus? They launched in Bacolod and Baguio right with Modern Jeepneys? They are at least rolling it out, albeit slowly, almost to the point of crawling it. 2020 will be the final straw whether they clamp down on the operators or not and they just have official companies take over as the coops aren't working with them. Or, they bend over to the whims of the existing operators.

Either way, something has got to give.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the past, government attempts at overhauling the mass transport system... failed. miserably.
    perhaps, that is one reason why the current administration's efforts are met with... jaded eyes.
    That is because of your attitude na din, youre broken na, you cant trust anymore, just like a broken-hearted lover

Boracay is being cleaned
    Manila is Being cleaned, manila bay is being cleaned.
    Clearing And dismantling operations are done on regular basis no only here but as far as Cagayan de Oro City,
    Infrastructures are being built.

And yet hinde pa din kayo convinced, but thats you people. Hinde kami . you can live in that world of no hope for all i care.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what i pick up from OB is he sees the force for change is now stronger than resistance

phasing out PUJs was unsuccessful in the past coz of resistance from drivers/operators and their umbrella groups + public opinion (public sees it as anti-poor) + lack of political will (coz politicians are afraid of looking anti-poor)

what OB is saying is -- millenials & gen Z want change and are less sympathetic towards people who will be affected

as the view of jeepney phase out shifts from anti-poor to poor-people-are-the-reason-why-PH-is-backwards, then politicians may no longer be afraid to phase out PUJs

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what i pick up from OB is he sees the force for change is now stronger than resistance

phasing out PUJs was unsuccessful in the past coz of resistance from drivers/operators and their umbrella groups + public opinion (public sees it as anti-poor) + lack of political will (coz politicians are afraid of looking anti-poor)

what OB is saying is -- millenials & gen Z want change and are less sympathetic towards people who will be affected

as the view of jeepney phase out shifts from anti-poor to poor-people-are-the-reason-why-PH-is-backwards, then politicians may no longer be afraid to phase out PUJs

After the last elections, naka posisyun na ang mga elements of change ng Duterte admin up to to the barangay level. Kaya nagkarun ng massive clearing operation ngaun with ultimatum that Mayors will be suspended

I think the politicians now know that the voice and the numbers are in the internet, not in paid rallies or pretend reach out programs of the past,

For the very first time, pinasok nila ang Baseco compound and beach area na we all know nobody even dare touch that place in the past.

—-

I think it’s part environmental threat, now that old diseases are re-emerging like polio, measles, mengitis, dengue etc. and more drug resistant. Na -realize ng higher ups na kelangan maglinis whether by sea or the air we breathe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    That is because of your attitude na din, youre broken na, you cant trust anymore, just like a broken-hearted lover

Boracay is being cleaned
    Manila is Being cleaned, manila bay is being cleaned.
    Clearing And dismantling operations are done on regular basis no only here but as far as Cagayan de Oro City,
    Infrastructures are being built.

And yet hinde pa din kayo convinced, but thats you people. Hinde kami . you can live in that world of no hope for all i care.
    carpy,
    you know very well, i wasn't refering to what you enumerated above.
    i was refering to the mass transport system.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 5th, 2019 at 10:25 PM.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223