New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/212637/m...ph-speed-limit

[SIZE="4"]MMDA: 2,000 motorists violated Commonwealth Avenue 60 kph speed limit[/SIZE]
    02/10/2011 | 09:22 AM

More than 2,000 motorists were caught violating the 60-kilometer per hour (kph) speed limit along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City in the last three weeks.

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Chairman Francis Tolentino said “hindi namin hinuhuli, no-contact policy yan, pero kinukunan ng radar gun at camera. So walang talagang apprehension."

(We do not apprehend them immediately because we have a no-contact policy but we catch them with cameras and radar guns.)

"Siguro magkakamot sila ng ulo at magsisisi pag dinalhan ng summonses," he said in an interview over dwIZ radio.

(Violators will probably scratch their heads and regret it when they receive the summonses.)

The MMDA started implementing a 60-kph speed limit as well as a lane segregation scheme along the 12.4-kilometer Commonwealth Avenue on January 25.

However, Tolentino cited reports reaching him indicating some motorists engage in races along the highway at night and are not apprehended.

He said these violators will have to pay a penalty or risk being barred from renewing their vehicles’ registration.

When asked how many violators the MMDA has sent summonses to so far, Tolentino said, “mahigit 2,000 (more than 2,000)."

“Akala nila nakakalibre sila pero after three days may notice sila para magbayad. Kung hindi, mapapa-alarm ang kanilang sasakyan (If they think they have gotten away, they will receive notices after three days to pay a penalty. Otherwise, their vehicles will be flagged)," Tolentino said. – VVP, GMA News

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^ Wow, they would be swimming in money in no time

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    ^ Wow, they would be swimming in money in no time

It's MMDA's new cash cow since the existing traffic coding doesn't anymore net as much "violators" as before.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I live in Fairview and it seems that the 60km/h speed limit and lane segregation is fine only if you are riding a private vehicle. My travel time did not increase when using a car. (But there's probably carbon build-up in my engine already . LOL)

Since I take the bus regularly, the yellow lane is a big pain in the arse. It seems that the MMDA can not discipline or does not have a mandate on loading and unloading passengers. Most PUVs spend so much time on the loading bays and are not apprehended (much like in EDSA). This adds at least 20~25 minutes in my travel time for Commonwealth Ave. alone.

OT: MMDA is also really stupid in implementing the yellow lane on EDSA. They don't apprehend drivers on loading bays too. I find it really pointless if you delay bus-loads of people to work or school and steal their precious time.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Dapat for private vehicles 80km/h at pang public Lang ang 60... At dapat nasa yellow lane talaga ang mga puv.. Kasi sila yung hinto ng hinto sa gilid..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denki3269 View Post
    Dapat for private vehicles 80km/h at pang public Lang ang 60... At dapat nasa yellow lane talaga ang mga puv.. Kasi sila yung hinto ng hinto sa gilid..
    +1

exactly!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denki3269 View Post
    AMEN bro!! the 60 kph is totally ridiculous!!!!!!! the best is the reason why 60kph because you can react to the swerving cars and jaywalking people - HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there should be a move to increase that 60kph!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    And now they're planning on applying the 60 kph speed limit to other roads - including Osmena highway (aka South Super Highway)!

Inquirer: MMDA Eyes Speed Limits On 4 More Major Roads

MMDA chair Francis Tolentino disclosed on Monday that he has been keen on moderating the traffic pace along Roxas Boulevard and Macapagal Avenue in Manila, Osmeña highway in Makati, and Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City, after accidents along Commonwealth Avenue dipped due to the 60 kilometer-per-hour speed limit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    And now they're planning on applying the 60 kph speed limit to other roads - including Osmena highway (aka South Super Highway)!

Inquirer: MMDA Eyes Speed Limits On 4 More Major Roads

Gaaaahhhhhh! I foresee the need to install my radar-detector whenever I drive around metro manila in the need future.

What's the point of the "speeding law" when it doesn't even have teeth against speeders?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    grabe, wala naman pinagbago, I usually use commonwealth ave to go biking in UP, gabi lagi, 90+ ang takbo ko ala naman nanghuhuli, , mabibilis pa din yung mga BUS-"tos" at mga JEEPNEY'S at as usual, labas pa din ng labas sa yellow lane grrrr, siguro sa umaga lang to iniimplement, la din

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
All set for lane segregation on Commonwealth