1. Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    they're the lawmakers.
    they can easily legislate against it.

my rant against PMVIC,
    "it should be for all or for none at all."
    Agree with this. I've seen a lot of PUV on the road which are not road worthy at all. Sometimes even the smallest of things are being taken for granted when it comes to PUVs. On Private cars if you have a broken taillight you will get a ticket for it, and yet there are a lot of jeepneys who have non-working taillights which are not being apprehended.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    They are now implementing the MVIS

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PMConcepcion View Post
    Agree with this. I've seen a lot of PUV on the road which are not road worthy at all. Sometimes even the smallest of things are being taken for granted when it comes to PUVs. On Private cars if you have a broken taillight you will get a ticket for it, and yet there are a lot of jeepneys who have non-working taillights which are not being apprehended.
    that's why MVIS will not serve its true purpose and just a cash cow for private companies who invested the pockets of tugade..

yesterday lang, i saw a dilapidated toyota FX at alabang via duct with its rear wheel completely detached from the vehicle causing traffic..

they should revise the IRR to focus on PUV mandatory yearly inspection.. for private, they should implement that inspection from vehicles 10 years old and above.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree. The motivation is money. Not public safety.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    they should revise the IRR to focus on PUV mandatory yearly inspection.. for private, they should implement that inspection from vehicles 10 years old and above.
    agree ako dito.

I posted earlier na sa India, year 15 may inspection cars nila and they feel na di na sulit to have the car fixed to pass the inspection, kaya scrap nalang nila. (also a Euro 4 car will definitely not pass Euro 6 emission requirements, kaya wala din choice yung owners but to replace the car)

or

sana, if a car is maintained by an authorized dealership, inspection is not required

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    LTO evaluating kiosk-sized MVIS locations | Autoindustriya

The proof-of-concept regarding PMVRKs will be held tomorrow, August 24, at the LTO Central Compound. The agency is also inviting interested participants to join.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    but why are they insisting on exempting from inspection, that sub-population of motor vehicles that the man-on-the-street knows will more likely fail the tests, to the detriment of the riding public?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Hmmmm....they wanna simplify by complicating?[emoji848]🤯

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but why are they insisting on exempting from inspection, that sub-population of motor vehicles that the man-on-the-street knows will more likely fail the tests, to the detriment of the riding public?
    Their plan must be to test only those that have chances of passing? Makes good sense, right doc?[emoji848]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Their plan must be to test only those that have chances of passing? Makes good sense, right doc?[emoji848]

honga!
    'tis common knowledge,
    "an exam where majority will fail in, is not a fair exam."