New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This will be a bit confusing to the hardcore anti-PMVIC crowd:

[AI] LTO will inspect modified vehicles, not PMVICs

One of the main arguments against PMVIC kasi was that we shouldn't be making a few private individuals rich from testing fees, and LTO should be the one testing all the cars. Well here it is, but implemented for modified cars only. ��

Although the cynic in me thinks they just want that tasty grease money because modded cars are more likely to fail inspection.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    This will be a bit confusing to the hardcore anti-PMVIC crowd:

[AI] LTO will inspect modified vehicles, not PMVICs

One of the main arguments against PMVIC kasi was that we shouldn't be making a few private individuals rich from testing fees, and LTO should be the one testing all the cars. Well here it is, but implemented for modified cars only. ��

Although the cynic in me thinks they just want that tasty grease money because modded cars are more likely to fail inspection.
    well, there's one item that shouldn't be too difficult to argue over:
    lights.
    under-lighted (pundido, smoked, kumukurap), over-lighted (untamed LED!), or confusing las vegas-esque lights combo.

as one US inspector said,
    "i don't care what other lights combination you have, sir, as long as it isn't visible on the outside of your car."

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    di kaya dahil invited sila at media sila?
    if less than 1k, subukan ko nga yan

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naka full throttle ang marketing and media ng mga PMVICs
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    naka full throttle ang marketing and media ng mga PMVICs
    "damage control and image re-build."
    they fumbled the introduction.
    nag-mukhang pera, tuloy.
    it'll take some time to repair the image.

i hold the fumbler, responsible.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    copy and paste (my post, diff forum)

Basically, the issue I see is ownership of MVIS centers (and yes, since they're all private, we should expect them to be "profit driven" - just like all those relatives and friends we have who started their own smoke emissions center)

If AC (or TMPC) owns a testing center, for cars under their umbrella, would you prefer to send your car there?
    What if your car was a Hyundai, with HARI's horror stories, would you choose them for your inspection? or would you go to an MVIS owned by AC or TMPC

I'm sure if profit was that good, the usual companies would be jumping to the bandwagon to own one.

At present (and the problem I see with local motoring) is that we don't have a standard to define a "road worthy car." We loose our warranty if the repair was made outside the dealership. Very few old cars still bring their cars to the dealership (or service centers) for maintenance.

(I do not own an MVIS and NOT connected to anyone who owns one)
    The MVIS should have been a standard to tell us if a car is road worthy. Maybe our car's dealership (in some cases, our tires) do not meet their standards which has caused all the bad press.

MVIS didn't know that car was AWD? -> how many stories have you heard about a fuel station loading petrol to a diesel engine?
    Car maintained by dealership failing? -> do you really pay for everything on the dealership's checklist? (I personally ask them to skip items which I feel are not necessary)

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    copy and paste (my post, diff forum)

Basically, the issue I see is ownership of MVIS centers (and yes, since they're all private, we should expect them to be "profit driven" - just like all those relatives and friends we have who started their own smoke emissions center)

If AC (or TMPC) owns a testing center, for cars under their umbrella, would you prefer to send your car there?
    What if your car was a Hyundai, with HARI's horror stories, would you choose them for your inspection? or would you go to an MVIS owned by AC or TMPC

I'm sure if profit was that good, the usual companies would be jumping to the bandwagon to own one.

At present (and the problem I see with local motoring) is that we don't have a standard to define a "road worthy car." We loose our warranty if the repair was made outside the dealership. Very few old cars still bring their cars to the dealership (or service centers) for maintenance.

(I do not own an MVIS and NOT connected to anyone who owns one)
    The MVIS should have been a standard to tell us if a car is road worthy. Maybe our car's dealership (in some cases, our tires) do not meet their standards which has caused all the bad press.

MVIS didn't know that car was AWD? -> how many stories have you heard about a fuel station loading petrol to a diesel engine?
    Car maintained by dealership failing? -> do you really pay for everything on the dealership's checklist? (I personally ask them to skip items which I feel are not necessary)

most tsikot members nag reply dito (uls, shadown, egan etc.) sa thread isa lang naman tanong e, bakit di unahin ang siguradong hindi roadworthy na PUVs?
    kasi tama naman ang gusto nila mangyari, roadworthiness ng sasakyan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    most tsikot members nag reply dito (uls, shadown, egan etc.) sa thread isa lang naman tanong e, bakit di unahin ang siguradong hindi roadworthy na PUVs?
    i agree.
    equal definition of the law.
    halatang halata ang pagka-biased.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    I agree, kahit UV Express at TNVs muna.

If we remove PUJs and Buses from our roads, saan sasakay si normal Juan?

It needs to start somewhere, sadly, tayo tinamaan.