New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Even the reasoning why private was prioritized than public (question asked after). His answer is a complete lie. Public Vehicles was supposed to be phase 1. But government was having issues implementing phase 1, so they skipped it and headed straight to phase 2. BS! Kaya nga tinawag phase 1, unahin yun. Tapos sasabihin pa niya humanitarian humanitarian kaya din daw skip public utilitiy vehicles muna. Kung humanitarian, e di wag muna implement at all, hindi jump to phase 2 at unahin private.
    sa umpisa palang lakas ng kutob ko di magiging pantay ang implementation

lahat ng jeepney di papasa sa MVIS so ano gagawin nila?

scrap metal na lahat ng jeepney?

no way... too unpopular

so they'll let the jeepneys get away

double standard nga i've been saying all along

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Did you manage to watch the podcast Autodeal uploaded with a MVIC operator?

at around 34:40 the question was asked about closing down of emission testing center.

The guest who runs a MVIC gave a run around answer but luckily they caught him making the illogical reasoning that phase out is not closing down.

I honestly hated listening to the guest who was giving double speak answers.

S1 E8: Motor Vehicle Inspection Centers aren't as bad as you think ft. Yogesh Sahijwani - YouTube

Even the reasoning why private was prioritized than public (question asked after). His answer is a complete lie. Public Vehicles was supposed to be phase 1. But government was having issues implementing phase 1, so they skipped it and headed straight to phase 2. BS! Kaya nga tinawag phase 1, unahin yun. Tapos sasabihin pa niya humanitarian humanitarian kaya din daw skip public utilitiy vehicles muna. Kung humanitarian, e di wag muna implement at all, hindi jump to phase 2 at unahin private.
    overall,
    i have this sneaky feeling that they could not give straight answers because they were hiding something.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya mahirap mag implement ng 1st world rules sa bansang ito more than half the country is still living in the 3rd world

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    pero pag nabangga mo puj, sayo pababayaran lahat ng dent sa likod nya [AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

btw sa edsa and c5 lang naman ako dumadaan.
    "bossing, yung masilya sa harap na bumper ko ay bumagsak dahil sa pagbangga mo sa likod ko. dapat ay isama mo yun sa damage na babayaran mo sakin."

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya mahirap mag implement ng 1st world rules sa bansang ito more than half the country is still living in the 3rd world
    Na post ko na trying hard to be first world country ginagawa ni tugade.

Hinde kayang maging developed country kaya dapat compesate sa mga regulations higitan yun mga developed countries. [AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection para mag mukhang first world Pinas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; February 12th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if they will implement this in the future
    Dapat payagan yung mga CASA magbigay ng certification.
    Isama lang ng CASA sa PMS with automatic MVIS certification. Less hassle to a lot of people.
    if the certification is done in conjunction with the regular PMS of your vehicle then it might be more acceptable to most people.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    if they will implement this in the future
    Dapat payagan yung mga CASA magbigay ng certification.
    Isama lang ng CASA sa PMS with automatic MVIS certification. Less hassle to a lot of people.
    if the certification is done in conjunction with the regular PMS of your vehicle then it might be more acceptable to most people.
    Paano sila kikita? Monopoly nga gusto nila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    overall,
    i have this sneaky feeling that they could not give straight answers because they were hiding something.
    It's not that they couldn't give straight answer, but they were giving what is essentially "corporate speak" to toe the line that favors their side and keeps them appearing like the good guy.

I get the limitation of Autodeal group in that interview. If they were confrontational, then they'd be hard pressed to find future guests for controversial topics. So I guess it served the purpose of at least letting the air out from the other side (MVIC).

Curious about the Subaru then since the guest mentions that is the only major account of a test gone wrong that they have not been able to trace. The LC and BMW are "resolved".

But, I do want to reiterate, I am not against the inspection, but I am against how they are implementing it and the requirements starting on 3 year old cars being required to do it annually. These things should be revisited properly and more properly emulate what is being done elsewhere instead of just being applied directly over our outdated LTO Registration system.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    like what one senator said,
    "why did you not include the sub-population that will more likely fail these tests?"

oo nga naman!
    anong pakinabang ng bansa sa mvis na yan, kung yung more-likely-to-pass lang ang tetestingin?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 12th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    like what one senator said,
    "why did you not include the sub-population that will more likely fail these tests?"
    which is my point

pare-pareho tayo gumagamit ng kalye -- private cars and PUJs

ang purpose ng MVIS para ma-ensure lahat ng sasakyan sa kalye ay roadworthy

kung i-exempt mo lahat ng PUJ then anong point ng MVIS??