New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had my car inspected at MVIS facility on tanque street, UN.
    madali puntahan. there's very visible signage at the corner.
    the street is the street of Pope Pius Center.
    i arrived at 12:30. walang pila. big and wide floor space.
    there was the emissions test and the motor vehicle inspection. there was someone offering TPL. and there was an LTO extension office (from post office) !
    everything under one roof. mission acocmplished!

the only hassle, was the new system of computerization.
    buti na lang, that my phone was a smart one. buti rin that there was a 'coach' to crutch me along the internet process.

rants.
    the waiting room was small-ish, with six chairs. weak aircon.
    there was this two men, loudly conversing with each other. up and down pa yung masque nung isa.
    hindi ko na-tiis.
    "sirs, please refrain from talking in this enclosed space. we are not aware of your covid status."
    there was a small sign on the wall, "no eating in the room."

also, no actual cash transaction.
    G-cash.
    there was this lady who would g-cash those who did not have, for a fee, of course.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had my car inspected at MVIS facility on tanque street, UN.

there was the emissions test and the motor vehicle inspection. there was someone offering TPL. and there was an LTO extension office (from post office) !
    everything under one roof.
    Ayos. Ito po iyong 500 Pesos, tapos visual inspection lang, hindi ginamit iyong high tech test machines? Ilang minutes iyong inspection process?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ayos. Ito po iyong 500 Pesos, tapos visual inspection lang, hindi ginamit iyong high tech test machines? Ilang minutes iyong inspection process?
    i can not say, po.
    the charge was 600.
    before they kutingtinged the car, i was asked to alight.
    then they led me to the transaction room, where i had to fill in the blanks, fidget with my smartphone, and then pay. the inspector came back to me in less than half an hour.
    the time-consuming steps were the smartphone fidgeting, then another thirty minutes or so of the usual LTO transaction waiting.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i can not say, po.
    the charge was 600.
    before they kutingtinged the car, i was asked to alight.
    then they led me to the transaction room, where i had to fill in the blanks, fidget with my smartphone, and then pay. the inspector came back to me in less than half an hour.
    the time-consuming steps were the smartphone fidgeting, then another thirty minutes or so of the usual LTO transaction waiting.
    Ah okay po. Hindi pala kita kung anong gagawin nila sa car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa totoo lang, if they will properly enforce visual inspection, hindi na need yan high tech machines.. sa visual pa lang dami na bagsak

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mandatory vehicle inspection via PMVICs still suspended —LTO
    By TED CORDERO, GMA News
    Published October 21, 2021 12:46pm

xxx

In a statement, LTO chief Edgar Galvante pointed out that PMVICs have not been ordered to stop their operations and that motor vehicle owners still have the option to have their vehicles tested for roadworthiness and compliance with the Clean Air Act either at a PMVIC or at a private emission testing center (PETC) with the required LTO visual inspection.

Galvante made the clarification in response to a statement released on Wednesday by Senator Grace Poe saying that her office had received information that some PMVICs in some provinces have resumed mandatory motor vehicle inspections despite the DOTr’s standing suspension order.

<snipped>

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am sure, the lyrics got jumbled up.
    PMVICs may not impose. only the LTO can do that.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    naisip ko lang bigla, by now dapat lahat tayo dumaan na sa inspection

meron ba ditong nasabihan na kailangan na palitan headlights nila? or suspension issues?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Sino pa mag attempt mag open ng PMVIC. Laki ng investment without assurance na matutuloy talaga. Pati pricing hindi ma-control. Hindi tuloy macompute ROI.
    Signature