New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Add that na ang kawawa din dito is yung mga “accredited” shops na nag invest na to comply with the standards kuno. Mahirap talaga ka negosyo ang Gobyerno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    if any dapat nga mas strict ung guidelines nila sa mga commercial vehicles dahil mas malaking chance na mainvolve sila sa accident. Karamihan ng mga malalaking aksidente na nababalita ang sanhi ay truck/jeep/bus/uv na "nawalan" ng preno.
    i do not believe in "nawalan ng preno".
    but i do believe in drivers pushing their vehicles to faster speeds that the brakes simply can not arrest at the snap of the fingers.

how many of those nawalans ng preno, were examined by mekanikos and found to have indeed lost their brakes at the crucial time?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but i do believe in drivers pushing their vehicles to faster speeds that the brakes simply can not arrest at the snap of the fingers.

how many of those nawalans ng preno, were examined by mekanikos and found to have indeed lost their brakes at the crucial time?
    agree on that, lalo na sa air brakes.. afaik, air brakes need air for the vehicle to move, otherwise naka lock yung brakes nila pag walang air..

my tatay told me a story na nawalan sya ng brakes sa dyip na service nya dati.. yung old brake system na madaming bomba bago kumagat.. wala pa hyrdo vac assist nun, so basic hydraulic brakes lang..

lusot daw talaga yung pedal.. around 80's pa yun at di ma traffic sa las pinas.. patawid sya ng casimiro, dire-diretso lang sya sa intersection.. buti maluwag..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017

true but a clean bill on of health on their vehicles would deter drivers from using that excuse to and drive more appropriately since there is no way the properly serviced brakes wont work unless they overheated from repeated high-speed stops from them speeding.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Labo lang why this is being pushed first onto private vehicles. When was the last time anyone heard the "nawalan ng preno" excuse from something that wasn't a bus or an overloaded truck?

IMO if they want maximum safety benefit from MVIS they should target trucks, jeeps, and then buses first.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hinde na kailangan niyan. Trying hard to be developed country nanaman si kingkong tugade.

Sundin strictly ng LTO yun existing checklist before registration ng mga sasakyan, hinde na papasa mga PUJs

I'm betting iba nanaman ang threshold ng tests para sa mga PUV compare to.ptivate.

Kung perfect dapat private pag dating sa public padang awa accept na nila yun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    shall we bet that the authorities will suspend strict implementation, and "think things over" ?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    shall we bet that the authorities will suspend strict implementation, and "think things over" ?
    After they've handed out 140ish licences(more coming), to set up shop? And quite a sum per site..Hmmm, let's see how this plays out.[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    After they've handed out 140ish licences(more coming), to set up shop? And quite a sum per site..Hmmm, let's see how this plays out.[AI] Here's what they'll check during MVIS inspection

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    i'm envisioning a deus ex machina...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    i'm envisioning a deus ex machina...
    Bong Go to the rescue?