New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you think the Commonwealth Ave "discipline zone" experiment would work?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

7 77.78%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando

1 11.11%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Haha! the image quality is so good kita narin yng mukha ng driver!
    except yng sa tinted windshield....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    nice!nice! sana ilabas din sa media yang mga pics para mapahiya yang mga undisciplined drivers na yan....and HOPEFULLY hindi lang hanggang umpisa ang MMDA regarding sa campaign nila against overspeeding para madisiplina ng husto ang mga ibang pinoy drivers..

I also noticed na halos lahat ng mga offenders ay mga bus drivers..tsk..TALAGA NAMAN!dapat pagtatanggalan na ng mga prankisa yan

..saka yung driver ng Honda na blue(ZDO-595),kapal talaga oh..not once but twice..errrr

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    fellow tsikoteers!

this was from the MMDA website.
    i hope walang tsikoteers na included sa nahuli ng speed guns/cameras.

syempre, panalo ang mga public utillity vehilcles sa number of violators.

take a look here na lang...
    http://www.mmda.gov.ph/Overspeeding-Violators.html

Yep. That was mentioned by our co-tsikoteer, Chikselog in the " overspeeding " topic.

Hayop yung FD ano ? 128kph ftw.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I heard in the news that they have posted in the MMDA website some cars that they have caught overspeeding. I checked it and it's indeed there.

Here is the link:

http://www.mmda.gov.ph/Overspeeding-Violators.html

You might wanna check if your car is posted though there are just some.

I have a feeling those were taken at the overpass either near Iglesia Ni Cristo or the overpass near the Ayala Techno Hub since each time I pass there especially in the morning en route to QC Circle, I always see an MMDA trying to video the cars.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    exempted mga motorcyles nasa likod plaka.

sana ginawang 80kph yung speed limit kaso MMDA rejects calls to raise speed limit along Commonwealth Ave

1,200 din yung fine sa overspeeding. mabigat din sa bulsa. pero malaking kita ng MMDA.

[SIZE="1"] "abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 04/11/2011 7:13 PM
    To date, more than 7,000 were caught on camera and have been sent summons for overspeeding. "
    [/SIZE]

baka yung parating nahuhuli baka bumili na ng radar speed detector.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Honda e' 2.0S M/T pa.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    kaya nga commonwealth ave. is one of the deadliest highways in the phils. ang dami na atang namatay dito a, tsk, tsk! because of those oveerspeeding violators na and reckless drivers pa.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I live near this area. Hindi pa ako nahuli. I follow the 60kph limit. I think the 60kph limit is overboard too slow.

If after days of catching people -- they only get one "real speed demon" (mr. zdd 595), they need to rethink why there are so many accidents along commonwealth. All others in the pictures are 89kph or below -- not terribly fast for this type of road. Could the pedestrian death toll be due to jaywalking? Logic dictates that crossing a 16-lane highway by foot is not the smartest thing. I have not noticed any increased crack down on jaywalking (although kudos to the newish footbridges). Could the vehicle to vehicle accidents be due to undisciplined STOPPING and SWERVING (not gross speeding) of PUVs? How about enforcement of bus and jeepney stops? There are parts of Commonwealth na biglang sobra ang gulo -- ang kalat ng PUVs. Could it be the complicated cement U-turn guides (that cause bottle necks)? The informal establishments that attract people who end up loitering?

While they figure this out, disciplined and informed motorists just need to patiently inch along at 60kph. Argh. I just feel sorry for the average joe who has to pay a hefty fine because he happens to gradually reach 70kph -- on a wide open 8-day highway, at 2pm in the afternoon on a weekday.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Yep. That was mentioned by our co-tsikoteer, Chikselog in the " overspeeding " topic.

lakas ng loob nan, ako 80kph max speed ko sa commonwealth. although tempting tumakbo ng mabilis jan nakakatakot bigla kasi may tumatawid na tao kung san-san and mga puv's na nag swerv ng walang signal man lang, pag gabi naman mga invisible barriers ang kalaban.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003

ayuz ah, twice the speed limit.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
60 kph speed limit on commonwealth w/  laser speedgun