New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you think the Commonwealth Ave "discipline zone" experiment would work?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

7 77.78%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando

1 11.11%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! Mabuti na lang nabasa ko ito.... Pero, masyadong mabagal ang 60KPH na speed limit.......

7000:diver:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    GH can you enlighten us about the "discipline zone experiment"
    Along Commonwealth a strict 60kph maximum speed limit will be implemented.

Also vehicles will be lane segregated according to their type. Like PUVs will use lane 1 & 2, delivery trucks on lane 5, private cars on lanes 6 & 7, u-turn only on lanes 8 & 9.

ALL tricycles will be banned from using Commonwealth Ave.

That's all I could remember (can't remember what goes on Lanes 3 & 4).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    No, I don't think it would work. Just drive along Fairview Mall, Lintek road, I mean Litex road up to the front of Sandigan Bayan building and you'll know what I mean. Only 1 or 2 lane/s is/are left for moving vehicles since the rest of the lanes are for the commuting public and the loading and unloading public vehicles. For speed limit, I don't think they would apprehend overspeeding vehicles since the blinkers of their patrol cars are always blinking and can already be seen from a distance and their locations are predictable especially if you always drive along the Avenue everyday. Unlike in other countries, you'll be surprised that a cop is already following you if you committed a traffic violation.

Unless we have all the right tools for the job and right people or cops who are committed to really and strictly enforce the law, then that's the time that we could really see the difference or it would work.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'll say it before and I'll say it again: some laws that are established may be good, but most of the time it's not worth it. However, for those good laws that are established, it's almost always the implementation part that kills it. Look at the color coding, people refused at first but now they get around it by not taking the cars on certain days instead. However, marami na rin nakakalusot these days (we all know how) because of too many laws and too little means to implement them. Ngayon may speed limit na, tapos segregated pa into different lanes? Paano nila ma-enforce yon? Useless.

So what happens is that our country is filled with so many useless laws and too few personnel to enforce them, that it becomes too chaotic and at best, temporary. That's why it's so stressful to drive back there because of these pointless laws that simply don't work, and in the first place, didn't have the means to work anyway.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think given na not everyone knows about the "rules" yet, expect some chaos. But if implementation becomes consistent + info signs + time, it can work to improve Commonwealth. Kailangan lang may budget sana for enforcement for speed guns, patrol, manpower.

Tried going 60kph na sa Commonwealth, on my last visit in the area on a weekend. Not bad naman. Safe drive at tipid pa sa gas. And surprisingly, most cars travel na rin pala at around that speed, except for a few speeding private vehicles and PUVs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Do you think the Commonwealth Ave "discipline zone" experiment (which is starting on Nov 14) would work?
    :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::h ysterical:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Sasabayan daw nila ang isang vehicle na "pakiramadam" nila exceeds 60 kph. How they will do it? Susundan daw nila, then titingin sila sa sarili nilang speedometer ng mobile nila. Ha-ha! Kung lampas ng 60kph.......huli ka!
    Last week, may nakasabay akong QCPD mobil na nagpa carwash. The car was a TOYOTA VIOS 1.3J. Out of curiousity, I asked one the cops if I could see the engine, thinking na re-worked ang engine nila. It was not.
    Then nakipag kwentohan na sa akin ang isang pulis.
    According to the driver, masyado raw mahina ang car nila para ipanghabol. There was one instance na iniwanan daw sila nang isang REVO.

Also, most of the time, naka on na ang flasher nila, so malayo ka pa lang alam mo nang may pulis sa harapan mo, siyempre, slow down ka.

As for lane segragation, IMO, di uubra yan. kasi, most drivers drive with the lines between the car instead of the car between the lines (baka kasi maligaw sila).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quezon City Police District Director PSSupt Magtanggol B Gatdula announced the expansion of areas in Quezon City covered by the ‘Sumunod sa Batas SB Zone’ with the launching of its phase-2 near the Gateway Mall along Gen. Roxas Street, Cubao, Quezon City today, August 27, 2008.

PSSupt Gatdula identified the areas such as the stretch of Aurora Boulevard from Katipunan Avenue to EDSA, Mabuhay Rotonda to the whole stretch of Quezon Avenue, and E. Rodriguez Avenue, including East and North Avenues as among those included in the extension of the project.

“We are expanding the SB Zone of Discipline in the said areas with similar objectives when we launched this pilot project in April 23, 2008 along the stretch of Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City.

These major thoroughfares will be similarly cleared of illegal terminals and vendors. Likewise, litterbugs, jaywalkers, traffic violators, and even street ‘toughies’ drinking along the streets will be apprehended.

Our effort in the stricter enforcement of existing laws and local ordinances paid off with the gradual but positive outputs we have seen with the implementation of the Zone of Discipline in Commonwealth Avenue,” PSSupt Gatdula said.

“We are confident to achieve similar feats in these areas where personal discipline of the people matters most. After all, just like other foreign countries peace and order is maintained even without the presence of policemen or any other authorities,” Gatdula added.

Quezon City Mayor Sonny Belmonte Jr, is joined by MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando and NCRPO Regional Director Geary L Barias who also graced the occasion.

The SB Zone of Discipline is a joint project of QCPD, the Quezon City government and in cooperation with the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyL3 View Post

“We are expanding the SB Zone of Discipline in the said areas with similar objectives when we launched this pilot project in April 23, 2008 along the stretch of Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City."

6 months later, Dr. Sarabia is killed when his MB gets hit by 2 Joannah Jesh buses racing along Commonwealth ave.

These major thoroughfares will be similarly cleared of illegal terminals and vendors. Likewise, litterbugs, jaywalkers, traffic violators, and even street ‘toughies’ drinking along the streets will be apprehended.

Last Saturday, I brought my daughter to KATIPUNAN MRT STATION to meet up with some friends. it was 9.30 am. From Katipunan, I went straight to EDSA via Aurora blvd. Passed CUBAO. marami pa ring Jeep na ginagawang Terminal the street before EDSA. Also, noticed a Yellow Multicab, with a cop sitting inside, park AT THE CORNER, mind you, DIAGONALLY PARKED RIGHT AT THE VERY CORNER of EDSA and AURORA. Had to to make a very wide right turn.

Our effort in the stricter enforcement of existing laws and local ordinances paid off with the gradual but positive outputs we have seen with the implementation of the Zone of Discipline in Commonwealth Avenue,” PSSupt Gatdula said.

So how come, last Sunday, a SAFEWAY BUS ( body no. 14202 ) overtook me, 3 times ( as in pininahan ako ) from PLDT Balara, Central and Philcoa. The guy was swerving and waivering all over. The only recourse I had was to overtake the guy, cut infront of him and press on the brakes. Stupid move but it worked. The a****le slowed down until we seperated ways at the eliptical as I was going to Alabang via Quezon Ave.

“We are confident to achieve similar feats in these areas where personal discipline of the people matters most. After all, just like other foreign countries peace and order is maintained even without the presence of policemen or any other authorities,” Gatdula added.

what????? :suka::doh:

Quezon City Mayor Sonny Belmonte Jr, is joined by MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando and NCRPO Regional Director Geary L Barias who also graced the occasion.

"PICTURE,PICTURE!!!"

The SB Zone of Discipline is a joint project of QCPD, the Quezon City government and in cooperation with the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

which, eventually...wil become a NINGAS COOGON project...just like the rest.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    [/i][/b]

which, eventually...wil become a NINGAS COOGON project...just like the rest.
    I couldn't agree more. I think it's not enforced anymore. I was on my way to Ortigas and from Batasan to Camp Crame, this Safeway Bus Line was tailing me almost all throughout. He even overtook me past Annapolis. I was driving around 80 and he was always at my back. I could see him swerving through traffic just to catch up with me considering that I was driving a sedan. I even tried 100 but I couldn't run away from him. That bus is really fast. When he loads/unloads passenger/s, I thought I already lose him but I guess I was wrong. To my surprise, he's tailing again. On my way home, the same thing. Those bus are just all over Commonwealth Ave. No cops could be seen anywhere except near Sandigan Bayan building. Maybe they're waiting for another grim accident before they would totally enforce it - I hope it's not me or anyone of us.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
60 kph speed limit on commonwealth w/  laser speedgun