New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you think the Commonwealth Ave "discipline zone" experiment would work?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

7 77.78%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando

1 11.11%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, just a heads up.

Be aware of your speed before entering the Tandang Sora flyover, QC Circle bound.

At first I thought it was just a group of MMDA enforcers grouping together like the usual. When I got closer, I saw a guy with the speed gun. Good thing I wasn't running more than 60 kph at that time. Bagong area nila yan and I wasn't expecting that. But I noticed puro motorcycles ang nahuli kanina.

Pero sa umaga, constantly nasa may puno sila sa may tapat ng INC. Andami nilang nahuhuli na nakikita ko each time I pass early in that area. Probably because most drivers at that time came from work, totally forgot or simply unaware that there are MMDA enforcers there doing a speed check. Maganda kasi ang area na un at malaki so di mo maiiwasang mag speed up.

Like that Innova that I saw. I thought the driver will not speed up kasi nauna lang ako sa kanya ng half car length then pumantay siya then biglang humarurot. Sabi ko, "yari to." Ako para di mag speed up, I put it my gear into 4th para mag stay lang sa 60 or below. The driver didn't reduce speed then I saw the MMDA's going in the middle of the road preparing to stop a vehicle and tama ako, ung Innova ung paparahin nila. Kaso sa sobrang tulin niya, di siya huminto but an MMDA enforcer had a video cam then I saw him taking a video of the car. Right before entering the T. Sora flyover, nag menor ung Innova and nag hazard na then huminto sa gilid. I don't know what happened next.

Laging kong nai experience yan. Minsan pa mga delivery vans.

So guys, if you'll pass that area, Commonwealth Fairview bound, INC area, early in the morning, around 6 to 7:30, it pays to keep your speed at 60 coz most of the time andiyan sila.

Sa pa QC Circle bound naman, doon ung radar sa may overpass ng INC then paparahin kayo doon sa in between the 2 big U turn slots. Then ngayon may bago, at the foot of the T. Sora flyover, andun ung may hawak ng speed gun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Guys, just a heads up.

Be aware of your speed before entering the Tandang Sora flyover, QC Circle bound.

At first I thought it was just a group of MMDA enforcers grouping together like the usual. When I got closer, I saw a guy with the speed gun. Good thing I wasn't running more than 60 kph at that time. Bagong area nila yan and I wasn't expecting that. But I noticed puro motorcycles ang nahuli kanina.

Pero sa umaga, constantly nasa may puno sila sa may tapat ng INC. Andami nilang nahuhuli na nakikita ko each time I pass early in that area. Probably because most drivers at that time came from work, totally forgot or simply unaware that there are MMDA enforcers there doing a speed check. Maganda kasi ang area na un at malaki so di mo maiiwasang mag speed up.

Like that Innova that I saw. I thought the driver will not speed up kasi nauna lang ako sa kanya ng half car length then pumantay siya then biglang humarurot. Sabi ko, "yari to." Ako para di mag speed up, I put it my gear into 4th para mag stay lang sa 60 or below. The driver didn't reduce speed then I saw the MMDA's going in the middle of the road preparing to stop a vehicle and tama ako, ung Innova ung paparahin nila. Kaso sa sobrang tulin niya, di siya huminto but an MMDA enforcer had a video cam then I saw him taking a video of the car. Right before entering the T. Sora flyover, nag menor ung Innova and nag hazard na then huminto sa gilid. I don't know what happened next.

Laging kong nai experience yan. Minsan pa mga delivery vans.

So guys, if you'll pass that area, Commonwealth Fairview bound, INC area, early in the morning, around 6 to 7:30, it pays to keep your speed at 60 coz most of the time andiyan sila.

Sa pa QC Circle bound naman, doon ung radar sa may overpass ng INC then paparahin kayo doon sa in between the 2 big U turn slots. Then ngayon may bago, at the foot of the T. Sora flyover, andun ung may hawak ng speed gun.
    It's easy to forget at times about the Commonwealth speed limit, especially when I'm coming from NLEX since i have been driving at highway speeds.

They still don't catch those death bus drivers and speeding motorbikes once you pass the speedgun point.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It's easy to forget at times about the Commonwealth speed limit, especially when I'm coming from NLEX since i have been driving at highway speeds.

They still don't catch those death bus drivers and speeding motorbikes once you pass the speedgun point.
    Pati UV Express, deadma mga MMDA.

Nung nasa Commonwealth ako, hirap na hirap na nga ako magmaintain ng 60kph * 5th gear, tapos may isang ogag na UV Express na lalagpasan lang ako. Minutes after, may makikita akong mga private car na pinara pero yung UV Express tuloy tuloy lang.

Para lang silang mga ASBU, eh. Mga Innova, hinuhuli. Pero mga bus na bulok, hinde. Pweee

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^
    Siguro nga may favoritism din sila lalo sa mga buses and jeepneys.

Pero madami din akong nakikitang nahuhuli na taxi.

Ung mga UV Express drivers, even buses and jeepneys, alam na nila kung saan ung mga nanghuhuli kaya mabilis sila pero nagmi menor din yang mga yan.

From QC Circle, pwede mong ihataw hanggang doon sa may overpass malapit sa Shell and Technohub. After that, reduce speed ka na kasi makikita mo na kung may nanghuhuli sa may INC area. Then after that, wala na. Pero ingat padin kasi minsan andun sila sa island infront Isuzu Commonwealth pero sobrang bihira na sila doon.

Ilagay mo nalang sa lower gear para di ka lumagpas ng 60. At least ung ungol ng makina mo ang magsi serve na alarm that you're going beyond 60. Then paglagpas mo sa mga enforcers, saka mo nalang ilagay sa 5th.

*vinj: Yes, it's very easy to forget that there's a speed limit especially in the morning when you're kinda tired and the traffic is light and there's an open and wide road infront of you. Ang masakit niyan, mapara ka dahil 65 to 70 lang ang takbo mo kasi nawala sa isip mong tignan ung speedometer mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    ^

*vinj: Yes, it's very easy to forget that there's a speed limit especially in the morning when you're kinda tired and the traffic is light and there's an open and wide road infront of you. Ang masakit niyan, mapara ka dahil 65 to 70 lang ang takbo mo kasi nawala sa isip mong tignan ung speedometer mo.
    If a traffic enforcer knew how to think, they can just issue a warning under such circumstances especially if the car was driving safely for the given conditions. Unfortunately these guys dont think and only have kotong in mind.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If a traffic enforcer knew how to think, they can just issue a warning under such circumstances especially if the car was driving safely for the given conditions. Unfortunately these guys dont think and only have kotong in mind.
    Kotong na nga lang nasa isip kaso walang diskarte, same spots nagaabang ng mahuhuli. Kung may utak yan pupwesto yan kung san mabubulaga ung mahuhuli nya.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ang speed limit e disiplina ng driver sa kayang sarili kase tayo ang nagccontrol ng pedal.. Yes, given na yang kotong issue na di mawawala.. Pero kung ikaw mismo may disiplina ka sa sarili mo, you wouldnt mind kahit pa 60kmh lang yan sa open road.. Baket sa ibang bansa, ang gagaling natin sumunod sa traffic laws.. Tapos pag dito dami natin reklamo? Sa ibang bansa lang ba tayo may disiplina, pagbalik pinas bara bara na ulit...

Excuse ba na nakalimutan mo lang tumingin sa speedometer kaya ok na lang yun? Paano naman sa ibang traffic regulations? Paano sa ibang batas natin? If we dont discipline ourselves, wala talaga tayong aasahan para ating community..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My tip is to hide behind a bigger vehicle when speeding! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Pero kung ikaw mismo may disiplina ka sa sarili mo, you wouldnt mind kahit pa 60kmh lang yan sa open road.. Baket sa ibang bansa, ang gagaling natin sumunod sa traffic laws.. Tapos pag dito dami natin reklamo? Sa ibang bansa lang ba tayo may disiplina, pagbalik pinas bara bara na ulit...
    A system should be intuitive to promote discipline. If you look at how systems are built elsewhere, there is less chance of people not following instructions. Just look at EDSA then compare it with NLEX or the transport system in SG and Ph.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
60 kph speed limit on commonwealth w/  laser speedgun