New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Please read especially the highlights

BATAS PAMBANSA BILANG 398

AN ACT AMENDING CERTAIN SECTIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT NUMBERED FORTY-ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SIX, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE LAND TRANSPORTATION AND TRAFFIC CODE.

Sec. 4. Section twenty-three of the same Act is hereby amended to read as follows: .chan robles virtual law library
    "Sec. 23. Issuance of driver's license, fees and validity. — If, after such examination, the Director or his deputies find that the applicant possesses the necessary qualification and proficiency in the operation of motor vehicles, is able to read and write any of the official languages or a major dialect and knows how to read and interpret various traffic signs, signals and road markings, a professional or nonprofessional license may be issued to such applicant upon payment of the fee prescribed in accordance with law, but prior to the issuance of said license, the applicant shall present himself in person and have his photograph taken by the bureau. All driver's licenses issued shall be signed in the presence of the Director or his deputies and shall bear, among others, the full name, date of birth, height, weight, ***, color of eyes, blood type, complete current address, right hand thumbprint of the licensee, license number, and its date of issue and expiration..chan robles virtual law library
    "In the issuance of licenses, the Bureau shall use such process or adopt such measure as will prevent any alteration or falsification of a license or will enable the Bureau to detect any unauthorized license.
    "Except for student permits and new licenses, all driver's licenses shall be valid for three consecutive years reckoned from the birthdate of the licensee, unless sooner revoked or suspended: Provided, however, That, subject to Section twenty-six hereof, any holder of a professional or nonprofessional driver's license who has not committed any violation during the three-year period shall be entitled to a renewal of such license for five-year period."
    http://www.chanrobles.com/bataspambansabilang398.htm

[SIZE=3]This law ha been approved since may 18, 1983[/SIZE]

Tell me your thoughts and please with a basis and not just made up information.

I believe this law is true and still active since laws couldn't expire.

What I do not get is how come no one is claiming for the 5 years renewal ? everyone thinks its the 3 years (drivers license) that is mandatory.

I believe that motorist and people in LTO are not dumb or are we?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Have you tried availing the 5-year extended license validity? How much did it cost?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Have you tried availing the 5-year extended license validity? How much did it cost?
    not yet as I am getting my permit converted into DL within this month.

And 5 yrs renewal should be the same as the normal renewal fee, I assume..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    this is a myth.. kahit sabihin mo sa LTO yan.. hindi nila alam yan.. parating 3 yrs lang.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    this is a myth.. kahit sabihin mo sa LTO yan.. hindi nila alam yan.. parating 3 yrs lang.
    then why would a big well established law firm put it in their website, where it would cost them their credibility and the public trust in them??

Of course sasabihin ng mga corrupt LTO employees that law doesn't exist cos they want money. Duh

I been to LTO offices, and all of them are in it together, no need to show you hard evidence on that cos you know it too; By it the corruption and bribery. Which should be reported. I done my job - do yours, the chairman would not hear nor take proper action on it if its was just me who will complain. Knowing the manyana habit majority of us have.

5 year DL renewal