New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello Rav4 and SUV owners,

I'm considering to change my tires to yokohama geolander ht (bridgestone dueler ht yung stock tires), any comments / feedback on its performance for SUV? I was gonna go with the stock tires pero mahal sya so i'm opting for yokohama.

Thank you for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yokohama geolandar are oem tires in rav4 2008 and it really sucks....only 28000 miles on it...better stay with bridgestone dueler alenza.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Really, the're no good? I didnt know yun pala stock ng 2008 model, ano po naging issues after 28k miles? medyo pricey kasi yung duelers, any other options kaya?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    mahal ang geolandars g91a tapos ang ratings nyan sa north america ay 28000 lang ang bridgestone dueler alenza nasa 60000 ang rating...mas smoother ride ang geolandars pero ang daling mapodpod ng tires na yan...OEM tires kasi yan ng 2008...search mo sa mga ratings sa www.tirerack.com, ang bridgestone duelers medyo mas mura sa yokohama geolandar g91a ng mga $20 or more or less nasa P2000 less kesa price ng geolandars g91a.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir philcana, thanks for the info. I've checked sa tiretrack.com, mura nga duelers compared to geolander (in terms of dollars), but unfortunately dito sa atin sa pinas, its the other way around, the duelers cost 8,600 - 9,000 (i only got H/T-S wala Alenza) compared to geolanders 6,200-6,500 (ito yng H/T-S not the G91A), laki difference around 2,200. There is Kumho or Dunlop, but not sure if the're ok.

Does anyone know if bridgestone tires made here? I was thinking of going directly to the manufacturing/factory baka mas maka mura.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bridgestones are made in thailand or indonesia.

Yokohama manufactures tires here in the Philippines like the a.drive, a.drive r1, a.spec, c.drive, etc.. Not sure about the Geolander though.

Yokohama tires on 2007 Rav4?