New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    My bro has an '07 2.5 D4D Fort, he's very happy with it, incidentally he also has a '05 Grandia 2.5 D4D which shares the same engine with the Fort, he doesn't have problems with it either.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    my4tuner... i Understand where you're coming from, i'm also a member of the fort club (even though i don't own one yet ) ... I just wanted to ask people from tsikot their thoughts about the fort as well... thanks for your time and input though its very much appreciated...
    "Fortuner is not made in Japan; It is made by Toyota."
    - The quote I love to read over and over in a car magazine I read...

sa ganda ba naman nya, no doubt bakit kalat sya. and who cares if it is found everywhere? e totoo namang reliable talaga sya.

i was wondering why people say matagtag daw sya... i am not against to anyone, pero bakit pa sila bumibili nito kung alam nilang truck-based SUV ang Fortuner?? kung maselan ang katawan nila, bumili sila ng CUV, at wag nang tirahin ang sasakyang wala naman sa kategoryang hinahanap nila.

choking?? hard starting?? problems etc?? have they considered what, where, and how clean the fuel they are feeding to the car?? pasalamat nga tayo dahil pinalasap satin ng Toyota kung ano ino-offer nyang engine sa Europe, 100%. ang ibang manufacturers nga nagda downgrade ng engine just to satisfy the condition of our country.

mapa 2.5 D-4D, 2.7 VVT-i o 3.0 D-4D man ang Fortuner, maasahan mo yan. nasa owner lang ang kapalaran ng sasakyan kung gaano sya tatagal. ika nga, "provide proper food and proper care for a proper nutrition of your baby to provide proper service".

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann;[B
    mapa 2.5 D-4D, 2.7 VVT-i o 3.0 D-4D man ang Fortuner, maasahan mo yan. nasa owner lang ang kapalaran ng sasakyan kung gaano sya tatagal. ika nga, "provide proper food and proper care for a proper nutrition of your baby to provide proper service[/b]".
    True that ... that's why i've done my homework and do what i have to do...which is get the 2.5 4X2 D4D as my daily driver ... thanks for all your inputs, comments,advices and of course thanks for your time ...

now regarding that loan ....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    True that ... that's why i've done my homework and do what i have to do...which is get the 2.5 4X2 D4D as my daily driver ... thanks for all your inputs, comments,advices and of course thanks for your time ...

now regarding that loan ....
    hi just want to say this consider the price and the feedback....diesel here int the philippines not ok dahil hindi sya refined baka masira pa engine mo nyan pag katagalan think it over muna

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i owned 2.5 d4d as of now no problem and happy with the performance and fuel consumption i get 8 km/l on city driving and 12 up on hway driving

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sirs, tanong ko lang: which unit is the most fuel-efficient, 2.5 diesel, 3.0 diesel or 2.7 gas? I know fuel efficiency is a relative term pagdating sa SUVs especially the Fortuner. My sister owns a 2.7 gas unit and she gets about 8km per liter. I'm assuming the 3.0 is a bit more modest. I have no idea about the 2.5 diesel model though. Is the power-to-weight ratio dragging down fuel economy? Thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbert142 View Post
    Sirs, tanong ko lang: which unit is the most fuel-efficient, 2.5 diesel, 3.0 diesel or 2.7 gas? I know fuel efficiency is a relative term pagdating sa SUVs especially the Fortuner. My sister owns a 2.7 gas unit and she gets about 8km per liter. I'm assuming the 3.0 is a bit more modest. I have no idea about the 2.5 diesel model though. Is the power-to-weight ratio dragging down fuel economy? Thanks in advance.
    Based on various user's post and fuel test by C! Magazine, 2.7 and 3.0 get about the same mileage in the highway. But in the city, 3.0 has the slight advantage being a diesel. The 2.5 has the best results among the three. Sorry don't remember specific figures.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    how do you base your decission in getting a car? is the for the price of fuel? for the durability? for the more environment friendly? for the power? speed? cost of maintenance?

in my opinion only:
    for cheaper fuel efficiency D4D talaga ..... or get a suzuki alto pag gusto mo talaga makatipid
    for durability i'd go for vvti
    for environment friendly i'd go for vvti
    for power i'd go for D4D
    for speed i'd go for vvti
    for cost of maintenance vvti mas mura imaintain

it all boils down to what is important to you kung pwede mo test drive yung dalawa gawin mo muna.

kami we have both fortuner D4D and vvti for me same lang naman sila.
    but for my everyday use yung suzuki alto pa din ang ginagamit ko hehehehe...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wlc View Post
    how do you base your decission in getting a car? is the for the price of fuel? for the durability? for the more environment friendly? for the power? speed? cost of maintenance?

in my opinion only:
    for cheaper fuel efficiency D4D talaga ..... or get a suzuki alto pag gusto mo talaga makatipid
    for durability i'd go for vvti
    for environment friendly i'd go for vvti
    for power i'd go for D4D
    for speed i'd go for vvti
    for cost of maintenance vvti mas mura imaintain

it all boils down to what is important to you kung pwede mo test drive yung dalawa gawin mo muna.

kami we have both fortuner D4D and vvti for me same lang naman sila.
    but for my everyday use yung suzuki alto pa din ang ginagamit ko hehehehe...
    Good for you you have more choices for a vehicle to use.
    The problem is more acute for others because they have to choose one for the other.

Anyway, just a food for thought for choosing the two 4x2 variants.

The best-selling Fortuner variant is the 2.7 vvti, and there are a lot of reasons for these. Among them is the 5-word buyer's delight -"most bang for the buck".

And if not for the D4D Denso-sourced injector system Toyota is using, the 2.5 G variant would also have sold well.

In short, it would be a choice between:
    -the gas variant with a less fuel efficiency rating, higher per liter fuel cost but with relatively worry-free long-term maintenance issue

vs.
    -the diesel variant with better fuel consumption in favor of something that would be more expensive to replace when worn out (a problem which is not uniformly occurring and can at least be mitigated by discriminately choosing your diesel fuel source).

Selection would then be:
    -the 2.7 vvti if i will log in more kilometers and frequent and long travel time esp. outside metropolitan areas where diesel quality cannot be fully ascertained and where highway hi-speed driving makes consumption per liter less of a worry.

-the 2.5D diesel if short frequent traffic-bound routes within the city is more of your driving routine (where fuel consumption is also more of an issue) and where you can have a safer access to reputable gas stations.

I hope I made sense.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post

The best-selling Fortuner variant is the 2.7 vvti, and there are a lot of reasons for these.
    ??? ???

Commercial Vehicle Sales (CAMPI):
    January 2008 to April 2008

Mid-Sized SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle)

TOYOTA Fortuner

2.7 VVTi G (820 Units)
    2.5 D4D G (1487 Units)
    3.0 D4D V (674 Units)

http://www.motioncars.com/autobuzz/a...i_report_4.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WTBUY 2.5 D4D or 2.7 VVTi fortuner ? HELP  ;)