New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rhops View Post
    Thanks guys sa input. This will be a daily driver sana and medyo impractical in that case malakas din kasi sa gas. I hope to spend 50K to 60K max sana pero upon initial queries sa mga shop baka umabot ng 80K and up. I really love this car pero for practicality sake need ko muna pag isipan maiigi.
    It would probably exceed 80K because you haven't started the restoration work on the car. It is for sure you will find more problems with the car once you have started to disassemble the car.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    only cars worth restoring, for me at least, are those old SUVs and cars with 2.0 or better engines.

thats because cost to restore can be somewhat offset by the utility value for suvs, and the longer wheelbase and smoother riding quality of 2.0 midsize executive vehicles.

compact econoboxes like the 16v rolla, well, medyo walang value bec they're so common. why would you restore one, when you can get an equally small car for the same money (like the sentra, lancer itlog, etc etc... but you dont get to see coronas often, di ba?).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check mo rin muna kung magkano magagastos mo sa overhaul ng makina baka makamura ka pa pag change engine . Isip isip muna mahirap mapasubo kung ibebenta mo rin lang baka hindi mo mabawe ang nilagay mong pera.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sell it low, get a used car that's better in shape since you're going to use it everyday.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Financially, may not be worth it.

Sentimental value, maybe worth it.

Alin sa 2? The more na naluluma, bumababa ang value for now.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rhops View Post
    Thanks guys sa input. This will be a daily driver sana and medyo impractical in that case malakas din kasi sa gas. I hope to spend 50K to 60K max sana pero upon initial queries sa mga shop baka umabot ng 80K and up. I really love this car pero for practicality sake need ko muna pag isipan maiigi.

Hindi mo pa ba bebenta sir?

send me a pm anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is it worth Restoring?