The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala bang balitaan dito? 10k on the odo

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello...

Hehe... does this thread mean that. They sold their fortuners to buy a better car?

Let me tell you about my knowledge...

My points are not from the looks and the riding comfort. I was on a convoy riding my friend's everest. The Everest and Fortuner and DMax raced together for 300km. CDO - Pagadian City. I notice that the Fortuners handling isn't that good. Everytime we approach curves, our speeds are 60-110kph depending on how sharp the curve is. I also notice that the Fortuner doesnt stay on its lane while cornering. Natatakot na siguro ang driver baka ma- roll over ang sasakyan or baka talaga nadudulas. The Everest can race the fortuner in cornering. Ang lakas ng grip ng Everest. On the other hand, the DeeMax is also very grippy and fast too! The drivers of the convoy really played around the whole trip. To Summarize this:

I like the Everest because: Its can catch up with the FOrtuner in cornering, leather wrapped ang steering and dash. Unlike the plasticky Fortuner. And it can smoke the Deemax and Fortuner on wet roads. Minus porints: Hmm probably, its a gas guzzler.

I like the Deemax because of this grippy ride. Catches up the fortuner easily even with full load. Minus points: Tag tag ang ride...

Fortuner: VEry fast on straights but kakatakot mag curves... Minus points... The rear aircon is located on the third row. Little bit cramped. No space for luggage... Moreover, almost 25% of the Passenger luggage who rode the fortuner were in the Everest. Acceleration is quick...

Going back from Pagadian - We got to iligan for about 2 hours or more... Everest got there first, the Fortuner arrived after 30 mins. And the DMAx after 1 hour.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One piece of advice - pick a fortuner if your a speed freak on straights.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drey
    Hello...

Hehe... does this thread mean that. They sold their fortuners to buy a better car?

Let me tell you about my knowledge...

My points are not from the looks and the riding comfort. I was on a convoy riding my friend's everest. The Everest and Fortuner and DMax raced together for 300km. CDO - Pagadian City. I notice that the Fortuners handling isn't that good. Everytime we approach curves, our speeds are 60-110kph depending on how sharp the curve is. I also notice that the Fortuner doesnt stay on its lane while cornering. Natatakot na siguro ang driver baka ma- roll over ang sasakyan or baka talaga nadudulas. The Everest can race the fortuner in cornering. Ang lakas ng grip ng Everest. On the other hand, the DeeMax is also very grippy and fast too! The drivers of the convoy really played around the whole trip. To Summarize this:

I like the Everest because: Its can catch up with the FOrtuner in cornering, leather wrapped ang steering and dash. Unlike the plasticky Fortuner. And it can smoke the Deemax and Fortuner on wet roads. Minus porints: Hmm probably, its a gas guzzler.

I like the Deemax because of this grippy ride. Catches up the fortuner easily even with full load. Minus points: Tag tag ang ride...

Fortuner: VEry fast on straights but kakatakot mag curves... Minus points... The rear aircon is located on the third row. Little bit cramped. No space for luggage... Moreover, almost 25% of the Passenger luggage who rode the fortuner were in the Everest. Acceleration is quick...

Going back from Pagadian - We got to iligan for about 2 hours or more... Everest got there first, the Fortuner arrived after 30 mins. And the DMAx after 1 hour.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One piece of advice - pick a fortuner if your a speed freak on straights.
    The reasons for your observations are, of course, obvious...

The D-Max (245) has smaller wheels than the Fortuner & the Everest (both 265), hence the lower center of gravity and better road grip. The Everest has a longer body and wheelbase, spreading out its center of gravity compared to the Fortuner. Among the three, the Fortuner has the highest probability of roll-over at high speed turns. However, among the three the Fortuner has the smallest turning radius. So, it should be nimbler in provincial traffic.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    wala bang balitaan dito? 10k on the odo
    we have 9.8k on the odo. mag anniv sa july. and the best ride pa din so far. no probs whatsoever. all stock.
    Last edited by oldblue; May 31st, 2006 at 12:46 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ung new ranger and everest models sa 3rd-4th quarter of this year daw lalabas. comes with 2.5L and 3.0L crdi.

sir redhorse.. papost naman ng pics ng roof basket nyo.. ty

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper... anong hp output nung mga ford crdi engines???

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The all-new thai built ASEAN Ford Ranger.

Here are the expected engines:
    3.0L Common Rail Turbo Diesel with 115KW (156.4PS)
    2.5L Common Rail Turbo Diesel with 105KW (142.8PS)
    2.5L Gen 1 Turbo, 62KW (84.3PS)
    2.5L Stage 1 Gen 1 Turbo 82KW (111.5PS)
    2.2L Petrol (hp ?)
    2.6L Petrol (hp ?)
    4.0L Petrol V6 RHD Only (hp ?)
    *some engines are available for specific markets only.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    from the looks of it, mukang boxy ulit ang new everest crdi.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    ung new ranger and everest models sa 3rd-4th quarter of this year daw lalabas. comes with 2.5L and 3.0L crdi.

sir redhorse.. papost naman ng pics ng roof basket nyo.. ty
    nasa 1Mb ang pix size, anong utility ba dapat gamitin, para mabawasan?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    try adobe photshop tapos save mo as low or mid quality

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
The World Is Not Enough aka Ex-Future Fortuner Owners Thread