New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My Innova is new and under warranty. Will changing my speakers void the warranty? I would place any amplifier nor change the wiring of the car, only the speaker. Please help, before I'll change or install new speakers.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi. You have to check with your dealer. I also have a new Fort but I only did minor and necessary modifications/enhancements - those that will not void warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope it won't (supposedly) , but if they say that it does, screw them! your money, your car, do whatever you want to your car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Bradp and shadow both have a point.

IMO (In My Opinion), replacing the speakers does not void your electrical warranty. Coz you didn't do anything with the wires in the first place.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the quick replies and Merry Christmas!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think as long as you change the stock speakers with the same impedance and the same or higher wattage, the warranty IMHO, of the HU is not affected. The wiring of the HU speakers is different from the wiring of the eletricals. The electrical warranty should not be affected.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I think as long as you change the stock speakers with the same impedance and the same or higher wattage, the warranty IMHO, of the HU is not affected. The wiring of the HU speakers is different from the wiring of the eletricals. The electrical warranty should not be affected.
    *meledson, sir eh kung the other way around, change HU naman- upgrade!
    - thanks...

Will changing auto speakers void warranty of my new Innova?