New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    its the badge...put a Toyota badge in a Mazda3...and see what will happen.
    Hahaha. So true.

Pinoys are image-conscious to a fault. But this doesn't take anything away from the fact that the Altis is a solid car. Truly perfect for those who don't want to get into the nitty-gritty of buying one.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    In today's continuing crisis, people can only need a car that will run trouble-free the longest. The Altis lives up to the roots of the Corolla, but this time, it shows its pride of being one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Funny as it may seem... but I haven't seen an Altis owner comment on this thread... heck, does anyone here own the much hyped Altis?

Some problems that I've heard of in the casa are: early brake pad deterioration, shock absorber problems & oil leaks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    according to my hipag (to-be) unang pinalitan sa altis (2001) nya is yung breakpads which i assume common sa mga A/T variants. she uses it daily and so far wala naman na akong narinig sa kanya na problema. sabi pa nga nya matipid sa gas kasi ikinumpara ba naman sa 1997 corona na kotse ng kapatid nya hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i heard problems of power windows and headlamps that blurrs... and horsepower that isnt really 145hp on 1.8 variants....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    was there a 1.8G in 2000/2001? afaik 1.6G back then..

nevertheless, a 30% to 40% price reduction over 5 years is really amazing. toyota's and honda's really ARE overpriced on the used market here, but that's an advantage for new car buyers.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    was there a 1.8G in 2000/2001? afaik 1.6G back then..

nevertheless, a 30% to 40% price reduction over 5 years is really amazing. toyota's and honda's really ARE overpriced on the used market here, but that's an advantage for new car buyers.
    Nobody would be selling them for those prices if nobody were buying them at those prices. Even though they're ubiquitous, everybody wants them!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Altis owner here. I love the car but i love our jazz more haha

* Power windows are kinda sluggish
    * Fuel consumption is 9.5km/l mixed driving conditions.5passengers. Our 1.5Jazz goes at 12 km/l both on petron xtra unleaded
    *1.6E Head unit is very simple
    *Speed limitter set at 150
    *CHEAP car to maintain compared to the jazz

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kumander ni utol naka-Altis. Buhay pa naman kahit sobrang walang malasakit dun sa sasakyan ang owners and user. Kapatid ko na lang ata nag-aalaga dun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Funny as it may seem... but I haven't seen an Altis owner comment on this thread... heck, does anyone here own the much hyped Altis?

Some problems that I've heard of in the casa are: early brake pad deterioration, shock absorber problems & oil leaks.

yeah i agree with the brakes on my altis nastuck up na yung brakes the first time it was under warranty the 2nd time was just last 2 weeks pero it was fixed for 2k worth of parts lang then yung windows nga lang nagkakaproblem minsan de na bumababa pero all of those things naman are small problems mas impt ay reliable yung whole car especially the engine

for me, yung altis is a car na worry free talaga e mas confident pa ako i out of town yung altis ko khit na manual at 1.6 lang makina kasi mas sure ako na walang problemang pwde mangyari the worst is a tire blowout siguro at least pag nagkasira simple lang unlike my xtrail na matic nga etc etc luxury features suv pero nag check engine na while on edsa yun apla may defect yung TCM

de ko naman sinasabi na bulok xtrail pero compared sa altis mas reliable lang talaga

knina lang just saw the altis of ym frend being serviced kita ko sa odo 80500 na milage asked him kung ano na naging sira hehe same lang kami windows at brakes lang pero besides that ok naman ! sulit daw yung kotse and yung 1.8G variant pa to

and yeah fuel milage depends naman yan sa way you drive it e tsaka i disagree with the limited 150kph speed coz umabot na ako ng 170kph sa altis 1.6m/t

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Why is the Altis still selling so well?