New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Flaxen Altis 1.8G din ang kotse ng misis ko at isa sya sa unang nagkaroon ng altis from TAI (August 2001), ang alam ko lang naging problem nya ay ABS sensor alarm appeared on the instrumentation panel but still under warranty that time. It was investigated and replaced after 2 weeks as ABS sensor failed!(galing pa kasi ng Japan ang parts). So far wla naman kaming naging problema at ang napalitan lang this year ay front break pads at yung 4 na gulong and battery!

Isa pa pala kaya daming nabili ng Altis....BRAD PITT ang dating mo kapag naka-altis ka! Another Pogi points sa chicks! c'mon Angelina!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    helloooo? Toyota? We're receiving the same engine as the rest of Asean, and they only claim it at 126-130 elsewhere? Ang galing yata ng marketting nila.

Whereas the new Civic 1.8, proven 140hp na sa mga mag tests.... away na!
    cool lang Niky. TMPC's probably not entirely to blame on the overrated specs of the 1zz-fe. It could be the way the engine power is measured or some other considerations such as emission standards. Neway, some sites do rate the izzy * 140 - 145hp, here's one ---> http://www.spyderchat.com/enginedetail.htm

the 120-125-130hp is also true and usually for the old izzy and those on the new US corolla. The 140-145hp rating usually is * 6200/6400rpm, whereas the 125-130hp is *6000rpm.

I honestly dont know which one is in the Altis, or how they tuned it here in the RP. I'm as curious as you are...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to the numbers:

Corolla 1.8 AT - 11.2 (C!, VBOX)
    Civic 2.0 AT - 8.6 (tested asia.vtec.net, VBOX), just right for a 155hp AT
    Ford Focus 2.0 AT - 9.3 (tested C!, VBOX) - 135-140 hp
    Mitsubishi Lancer Mx - 10.8? (tested C! VBOX) - 120 hp

Except for the Civic, these numbers come from the same testers. Take note that the Altis is much lighter than any of its competitors (on paper), supposedly at 1170kgs or so, but the Ford Focus 2.0, the Honda Civic 2.0 and the Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 CVT all outsprint it. Given that the Mitsu has a CVT advantage, that puts the Altis's power at maybe 126 or so.

For comparison, the US Corolla can hit 60 mph in 9.7 (consistent with 100 kmh in 10 seconds), and it's supposedly only 126 hp.

I've driven with my cousin's Altis 1.8 in my old 2.0 Mazda 626 (10.5 0-100), and it feels like it might be just as quick. Given that my Mazda is 250 kg heavier and only has 130 hp, that doesn't make the Altis a powerhouse. I like the Altis, and I've enjoyed riding in it, pero if Toyota advertises it as having the 145 hp version of their engine, they should actually put it in, IMHO. The local version feels like it's tuned for torque and fuel economy, not top-end power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We're taking delivery of a Altis 1.6E for my sis and her hubby tom. :D She actually wanted a Civic Vti a/t (kahit papalit na) due to the space and they liked the performance more but Honda stopped selling them na.

I almost put down some DP cash for a bnew Altis 1.6J m/t last week (may 35K discount) but decided to save my money and go shopping for a 2nd hand car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... ubos na ang VTi? That means the new Civics are getting very very close!

Congrats pa rin sa kanila. Very nice car.

What about a secondhand Altis 1.6? Kaya lang, sobrang mahal ang resale value. :p

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    niky, might be even worse. the pre-FSDE 626 (93-97, basically the old body) is only 118hp, it's the distributorless 626 (the new body, last model before the mazda6, 98-01) which is 130hp. the big difference between the FSDE 626 and the Lynx 2.0 FSDE is that the latter has VICS/VRIS which seems to be good for another 10+ hp.
    Last edited by orly_andico; January 31st, 2006 at 06:57 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    merong promo si toyota until today only (the 100k down promo). pretty good kasi you get 35k credits which are applicable to the insurance or registration. eh malaki dun yun kasi for 3 years na ngayon.

and the interest rates are REALLY low considering the low downpayment (halos 60k nalang yun because of the credits). i computed the imputed rate on the 60 months to be like 40% lang which is lower than BPI's published bank rate (through toyota financial services).

i guess the altis is really on the way out na kaya they're giving those nice discounts. and the 3 year/100,000 km warranty is a big plus too.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    merong promo si toyota until today only (the 100k down promo). pretty good kasi you get 35k credits which are applicable to the insurance or registration. eh malaki dun yun kasi for 3 years na ngayon.

and the interest rates are REALLY low considering the low downpayment (halos 60k nalang yun because of the credits). i computed the imputed rate on the 60 months to be like 40% lang which is lower than BPI's published bank rate (through toyota financial services).

i guess the altis is really on the way out na kaya they're giving those nice discounts. and the 3 year/100,000 km warranty is a big plus too.
    I was supposed to avail of that promo (on the 35K discount) had i pushed through with the car. If you compare the Toyota financing rates, they hit you with the "chattel mortgage fee"... roughly 40% higher then what some quoted us.

Niky, yup, i'm mainly looking for either an Altis or Civic '03 and up. On the price, its relative depending on what i can find as what matters for me is mileage and condition (basta huwag lang sobrang taga sa pricing ;).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... ang bangis nga ng 626. Good thing it's got a strong clutch... my brother took it drag racing all the time when we first got it. But I'm pretty sure it's got at least 120+, because we've taken it to the mountains with my cousin's 04' Accord, and it could just about keep up. Plus, medyo mahirap umabot ng 200 km/h ang 118 hp in that body.

03' and up, ang mahal. My cousin paid 400k for his 01-02', pero 'family' price din yun (girlfriend's bro)... I was shocked till I looked prices up. Medyo suwerte siya, because he drove it a lot on dates with his GF, and he knew the car was solid. (Wala pang ingay, hanggang ngayon.)

Good luck!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Why is the Altis still selling so well?