New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    guys, I need your opinion on my innova. recently, I had my car checked at toyota because the check engine light indicator was on. they diagnosed a faulty EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation system). it was replaced and the light went off, however, i noticed after a few days that when my engine runs above the 2000rpm mark, no matter what gear I am in, I hear this loud hissing noise coming from the engine, I dont know if it has anything to do with the EGR system that was replaced. power seem to go flat at 2000 and hirap na umakyat ang rpm. Can anyone tell me what you think is wrong with my engine? thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmm... another case of D4D woe?

i think you should bring it back to the casa for them to diagnose what is the cause of the problem.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i think it's the belts. have casa check on it. baka maluwag or sobrang hipit nung mga belts. hth

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    puroy- no, i don't think so, i know the sound of a lose or tight belt, this one is coming from the engine. parang tunog ng may sumisingaw.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyapete View Post
    puroy- no, i don't think so, i know the sound of a lose or tight belt, this one is coming from the engine. parang tunog ng may sumisingaw.
    Why don't you return the unit to service bay, it would probably a loose exhaust pipe coupling or thermal sensor unscrewed. Not easy to DIYed IMO.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    chamber gasket parang me pressure cooker ka na naririnig?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Usually at 80 KPH, I notice the turbo kicks in... it's also like a hissing sound. And you'll notice the power of the engine.

Di kaya yun EGR pa rin ang problem? Have it returned to casa, kuyapete so they could diagnose the problem.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you mentioned that you had your EGR system replaced, and that after 2000 rpm it seems to lack power. IMO it must be the turbo hoses, there is a leak somewhere. The power is lacking becuase the boost or air from the turbo is not fully going to the intake. The sound as you said singaw is the air from the turbo escaping somewhere. Have all the connection checked and the clips tightened.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    EXACTLY! I wasnt sure how to describe the sound but pressure cooker sound is very very accurate.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    you mentioned that you had your EGR system replaced, and that after 2000 rpm it seems to lack power. IMO it must be the turbo hoses, there is a leak somewhere. The power is lacking becuase the boost or air from the turbo is not fully going to the intake. The sound as you said singaw is the air from the turbo escaping somewhere. Have all the connection checked and the clips tightened.
    Thanks ARB, and to all those who posted their replies. at least may idea na ako kung ano ang nag ca-cause ng hissing sound. I will bring it tomorrow to TMBI and have it checked, after all, sila ang nagkabit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
whistling D4D engine noise at 2000rpm up