New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yung sinasabi mo sa Ortigas, Autocamp yun. You can check there. You can also check the one at the corner of Ultra and Meralco Ave. Marami rin sa EDSA in the Munoz area.

Take note though, it's almost certain that whatever you buy here will be priced higher than usual. It's also very common for them to mask any problems with the car. Laging maganda pagkakadetail ng kotse, but since you can't really test drive these units, you'll never know if the suspension, electricals, or engine has major issues.

Personally I would rather be patient and look for a direct seller.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I'm almost in my 3rd week now of online window shopping for cars. And yes, I'm actually tempted to look into these auto shops na rin. You can see from the limited pictures that are posted na mukhang napakakinis talaga, even the interiors. Price seems competitive na rin since I guess they have done the "baratan" thing for you. Sometimes yung sa mga "direct sellers" at par or even more expensive pa.

I'm not from the South so I may not know where to look din even if I happen to pass by those areas. All I notice is that most of the nicer cars came from that general area nga, like Las Pinas and Paranaque.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    I'm almost in my 3rd week now of online window shopping for cars. And yes, I'm actually tempted to look into these auto shops na rin. You can see from the limited pictures that are posted na mukhang napakakinis talaga, even the interiors. Price seems competitive na rin since I guess they have done the "baratan" thing for you. Sometimes yung sa mga "direct sellers" at par or even more expensive pa.

I'm not from the South so I may not know where to look din even if I happen to pass by those areas. All I notice is that most of the nicer cars came from that general area nga, like Las Pinas and Paranaque.
    errr... curious po. what are you looking for, po?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2017 at 11:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... what are you looking for, po?
    Well, I started my odyssey looking for a used subcompact hatchback to go, or to replace, my compact sedan. On the way I looked into what the different brands offer. I realized that the nicer pre-owned hatchbacks though are at around 400 to 500T din, well into compact sedan territory. So to make my long story short, I came full circle to the Corolla/Camry family.

So I have limited my choice now to the following:

• Budget: P350 - 500T
    • Color: Thermalyte Silver*/ Pearl White/ Metallic Beige
    • Toyota Camry 2.4V 2007/2008 (can see offers still within budget). 5-speed A/T. I may have to retain my current ride as this can't probably be a practical daily driver.
    • Toyota Altis 2.0V 2011/2012 coz it's CVT already, although the jury's still out on CVT longevity/reliability.
    • Toyota Altis 1.6V 2011-2013 only 4-speed A/T, although that's what I have now also and I can live with it naman. Ayan din ang mas madaling hanapin, whether sa auto shops or private sellers.
    • Toyota Altis 1.6G M/T Well, for those long trips and, as they say, lower maintenance/repair cost sa M/T.

Well, I'm leaning more on the Altis 2.0V at the moment. For the price of the other "lower" choices you get a relatively still fresh top-of-the-line unit. Medyo limited lang talaga ang availability. The thing is if I see a very fresh looking unit of one or the other, at a price that is hard to ignore, nagpapabago-bago ang gusto ko. Haha.

And to be on topic, as I've said, parang I'm beginning to realize these 2nd hand shops can't be all that bad. For one, they have taken cared of whatever "problems" the unit may have. Sabi nga, sasakyan mo na lang. They've also done the haggling with the private owner for you. They even offer trade-in and financing options, although they may not be the best options for both.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    2.0's are not known for fuel efficiency. I'm not particularly familiar with the Altis and Camry but I do know someone with an FD 2.0S 5AT who apparently gets 5km/L city, which is similar to what our Accord 2.4 gets. For a daily driver I'd stick with the 1.6V, among your choices.

Are you not considering diesels? 500k can already get you a decent Innova. If you are open to other brands, there are also many good options to consider. The P12/L difference in fuel cost is a big factor if fuel efficiency is important to you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    You can try searching online about many companies who are currently selling used cars to all over the world. The easiest thing is you can view all cars, condition, specification and if you need more information then you can contact them in few different ways and they will contact with all details. The another best part is based on the car condition you will find variation on price which can be useful for you if you have a fixed budget. I experienced buying car and it was satisfactory. I got inspection certificate about the car condition and after that I decided to get it. I bought Toyota Supra For Sale when the price was really down. I got the car after a month and it was not in a perfect condition but the overall condition was ok.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexatl View Post
    Hi. Balak ko po sanang bumili ng 2nd hand na sasakyan. Ano po mas okay 2016 Toyota Vios 1.3 E or 2014 Honda City 1.5 E? Yung price po pareho lang. Salamat po!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    test drive them, po, and see which one you will prefer. pay special attention to space, because no amount of aftermarket, can ever increase space.
    both are popular cars, and "all these owners can't be wrong".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12