New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir,

ano ang magandang gawin kapag may nakitang oil sludge sa loob ng engine? ok naman ang andar ng engine walang unusual noise maririnig at hindi rin blow-by. Napansin ko lang po kasi may konti sludge na dumikit sa oil cap pagbukas ko. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kung sure na merong oil sludge, mas ok kung maibaba mo yung oil pan para malinis sir, nandun kase naiipon yung dumi, magastos lang sa langis bago mo malinis at kailangan maagapan bago masira yung mga bearing
    Last edited by KIANTOT; January 17th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    X2 to open up the valve cover and bring down the oil pan to manually clean it. Since the engine is opened up already, you may want to look to change the gaskets as well. Better to do it now before it gets worse. The Altis should undergo change oil every 5,000kms, whether you are using synthetic or regular mineral based oil.

My Altis undergoes change oil every 5,000kms and it's now at 75,000kms. When you open up the oil cap, all that can be seen is still clean. I don't use any expensive oil and what i have been i using is either mineral based Petron Ultron Touring (20W-50) or Mobil 1000 (15W-40).
    Last edited by vinj; January 17th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

What will i do if found oil sludge on toyota altis engine?