New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi, I am new here, I am looking into purchasing a 2005 Innova Diesel Automatic , a friend said that the 1st batch of Diesel a/t Innova's are known to have some problems..friend was unclear what the specific problem is, the only thing he is sure of is it has something to do with being the 1st batch.. . Can anyone enlighten me , Is it engine stalling/stopping etc, mechanical? . Is this true? Please help.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Not all are affected.

Best is to inspect the vehicle very carefully. Was it maintained properly (service records as evidence)?

Usual problems associated with the D-4D problems are: Hard starting/choking (from a cold engine), choking/stalling (while driving), excessive black smoke

If its about to reach 100K mileage better watch out for the CRDi injector.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I recall right, there was a recall for the rear axle... don't remember what it was about.

There were issues with the early Denso fuel pumps with the then-new Euro-II diesel regulations. There are still people who experience pump issues, but they're not apparently as widespread as before.

Ask for full dealership maintenance records before buying.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

what to watch out for? in buying a 2nd hand 2005 Innova Diesel Automatic (1st batch)