New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 295 of 348 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3476
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    Sounds spot on (mura nga yung techmat sa 6500). Let me know how the tire cover with wheels fits! Looking to upgrade my cover also.

- servantguy -
    Thanks boss!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynard View Post
    1.Hi im looking to replace my current rims with 20" black rhino karoo matt black
    Is black rhino good brand for after market rims?
    2.Also looking for suggestion for decent brands of after market rims around 40k to 60k price range
    3.also how the ride of a 2017 fortuner with 20" rims?
    Hi,

1) Rhinos are a good brand, a little too rugged looks wise for my taste but that's their market it appears.

2) Lenso and Concept One come to mind for other good brands in that range. A set of Lenso 20s are about 60k. There are OEM look rims floating around that cost less as well, if you're into that bigger wheel, stock look philosophy.

3) As for the ride, you'll have to see what you and your passengers can tolerate. You won't be able to beat the "less rubber on 20s vs 18s means less cushioning" truth, but that doesn't mean moving up to 20s is a deal breaker for you. If you can get a feel for a Fortuner with 20s before you buy, which I admit is a luxury many of us may not have, then better. Many are ok with it, but then there are also many who say it's too uncomfortable for their families.

Happy hunting!

- servantguy -

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tire lock? for the spare tire?
    i buy the cheap bike lock from the mall.

in my opinion, the main function of these locks, is deterrence.
    if the thief wants really, to steal your tire, he will succeed, given enough time.
    the lock is just to tell him, "this will take more time; am i willing to chance it?".
    100% agree dr. d. Same reason fire safes have a time rating and are never "undefeatable". Make it hard and make them think twice.

p.s. I think OP and I were using the term tire lock for an undercar tire cover, as his post later on would convey That's my bad. I wanted to cover my tire and lock it, hence the suggestion.

- servantguy -

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This 12 yo diesel engine unit has served us well and I plan to keep it. Can you advise on the practicality and sources maybe of the following things I want to do with it
    a. A fresh coat of paint. Change color
    b. Change head lights - yellowing and cloudy
    c. Seats - cracked leather. Where can I buy 'fresh' non-leather replacements?
    d. Remove floor carpet and replace with plastic type for easy cleaning.

Will appreciate any feedback.

Rico

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    This 12 yo diesel engine unit has served us well and I plan to keep it. Can you advise on the practicality and sources maybe of the following things I want to do with it
    a. A fresh coat of paint. Change color
    b. Change head lights - yellowing and cloudy
    c. Seats - cracked leather. Where can I buy 'fresh' non-leather replacements?
    d. Remove floor carpet and replace with plastic type for easy cleaning.

Will appreciate any feedback.

Rico
    Where you from?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hi guys, am not that experienced with cars hence i tend to listen to casa (mistake?). SA told me you cannot change headlight bulb unless its the proper wattage, or same wattage as OEM. Would anyone know the wattage of fortuner 2010 low beam? I really want to change to something a bit stronger maybe phillips/osram? (Ive been searching the web and all i see are HB3s, HB4s.. which i dont understand). Any help appreciated. Thx

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by waver View Post
    Hi guys, am not that experienced with cars hence i tend to listen to casa (mistake?). SA told me you cannot change headlight bulb unless its the proper wattage, or same wattage as OEM. Would anyone know the wattage of fortuner 2010 low beam? I really want to change to something a bit stronger maybe phillips/osram? (Ive been searching the web and all i see are HB3s, HB4s.. which i dont understand). Any help appreciated. Thx
    the owner's manual should show the various bulb designs and the wattages of the car's lights, po.
    increasing wattage also increases heat generation. something might melt, if the housing and wiring are not upgraded to handle the heat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Thanks dr. d.. after searching and searching all it says is H11, Type A, W 55 (whatever that means hehe).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Santa Rosa Laguna Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Where you from?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    You can consider changing bulbs to another type of the same wattage such as the Osram Night Breaker. It is noticeably brighter and since it's the same wattage as stock, it's safe for your wiring and housing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk