New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 255 of 348 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3476
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by waver View Post
    Hi guys, just want to know if anyone here experienced the same problem. I bought a 2nd hand 2010 fortuner 2.7G last yr. Intermittent (kaya di ko napansin when i test drove it twice) na may 'lack of response'. Sometimes nagre-rev ng 1.5 up to 2K bago mag engage from 1st to 2nd gear. Usually wala naman problem. Anyone have the same glitch with their fort?
    Spark plugs. .. Try mo palitan ng Iridium

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys, just want to know if anyone here experienced the same problem. I bought a 2nd hand 2010 fortuner 2.7G last yr. Intermittent (kaya di ko napansin when i test drove it twice) na may 'lack of response'. Sometimes nagre-rev ng 1.5 up to 2K bago mag engage from 1st to 2nd gear. Usually wala naman problem. Anyone have the same glitch with their fort?
    Tune up mo muna then palagyan mo ng sprint booster.. looks like delay in response lang yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Actually, I need advice guys. Pina casa ko sa toyota bicutan. They used the diagnostic tool. It turns out due for change na yung radiator (me konting leak) and dapat daw palitan spark plugs and ignition coils. What could I do but trust. I paid around 32thousand yesterday. Today, when I was about to bring my daughter to greenbelt, car would NOT start at all. Check engine umiilaw. Nothing happens when I start the ignition "trrrrrrrk". Im assuming ignition coils pinlitan nila, so something happened there. But what can I do? Is there like kahit a 1 week warranty or something? I told them to come to my place and fix it. Dapat wala nang charge diba? And how do I know di na ako titirikin kahit saan..parang mas nasira pa ng casa, #*$*&!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, I need advice guys. Pina casa ko sa toyota bicutan. They used the diagnostic tool. It turns out due for change na yung radiator (me konting leak) and dapat daw palitan spark plugs and ignition coils. What could I do but trust. I paid around 32thousand yesterday. Today, when I was about to bring my daughter to greenbelt, car would NOT start at all. Check engine umiilaw. Nothing happens when I start the ignition "trrrrrrrk". Im assuming ignition coils pinlitan nila, so something happened there. But what can I do? Is there like kahit a 1 week warranty or something? I told them to come to my place and fix it. Dapat wala nang charge diba? And how do I know di na ako titirikin kahit saan..parang mas nasira pa ng casa, #*$*&!!
    i assume your vehicle is out of warranty already?
    if the cause of tirik is one of the parts they replaced, then you may be in luck. you may even argue that the house call should be free.
    but if the culprit is something else.. full pay ka dyan!
    change radiator for a leak? i would have had that done outside, where it is definitely much cheaper.

replace the coils? i did not know these modern things needed changing. in the old days, we would use them until they didn't work anymore.. which was rare.

but one thing i have learned about the casa.. they do not know, or they are not allowed, to repair.. they only replace.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Thanks for your insight dr. d. Im not that knowledgeable about cars hence I assumed casa would be the best place to have cars fixed. Kaya lang it seems a good mechanic maybe in Caltex service station or in a car shop would be a much better choice? If yes, anyone know any service shops near makati so that maybe next time di na ako maloko?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your insight dr. d. Im not that knowledgeable about cars hence I assumed casa would be the best place to have cars fixed. Kaya lang it seems a good mechanic maybe in Caltex service station or in a car shop would be a much better choice? If yes, anyone know any service shops near makati so that maybe next time di na ako maloko?
    hindi naman kayo naloko..
    it is just that, the casa takes the definition of pms, literally. they replace parts on a schedule that practically saves the customer from vehicle malfunction. or so it would seem.
    but there are car owners, like me, who believe that we can sense what is wrong even at the outset. i do not feel comfortable replacing a part because the schedule says so. i believe i can make that decision on my own, at the initial manifestation, early enough that the car won't fail yet.

kanya-kanyang desisyon po yan. but you have to be honest with yourslf..
    "am i capable of detecting early signs of impending failure?"

come to think of it.. casa pms is a godsend to those who know next to nothing about cars, and are willing to pay the premium..

a classic example is my colleague. she replaces her battery every 2 years, come what may. that way, she has never had battery failure for the past 15 years. she does not want to re-live the helplessness of dead battery syndrome, early morning, on the one day she was needed early, in the workplace.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 19th, 2015 at 03:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Oh ok. You do make a good point. Until i get some sort of 'car acumen', i will have to trust the casa. Though i heard casa does things 'as scheduled' and not 'as needed'. But if it helps me from car trouble for now, then i guess i just have to go with it. Thanks again dr. d. BTW, they came to my place and fixed the problem (at least it looks like they did) wala naman charge thank god

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Battery Disconnect Switch
    Para sa madalas madischarge ang battery lalo na pag naiwan ng matagal sa garahe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1443030370859.jpg  

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Need help guys. Got my fortuner 4x2 diesel brand new last december. This is the model with the black interiors and mags. I've been closely monitoring its fuel consumption since my last car was a montero sport 4X2 diesel 2010 model and i wanted to see how it stacks up fc wise. Sadly, I was very very disappointed. i usually drive to the fort from qc daily around 12pm and then the fort back to qc around 4pm. So traffic in edsa is still a bit ok then. My montero's fc was around 7-7.5 km/l. My fortuner fc now is only 5 km/l and im already lucky if it reaches 5.5 km/l. I already reported it to tqa during my 1km service and just last weekend i had my 10k service done. I filled up my tank right after to check if there is any change. Now my tank is halfway full already and i've just driven it for a little over 150 kilometers. Following that same trend i will likely again end up with 5km/l fc. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Is this really normal fc for the fortuner? Can i ask the casa to do something about it? Or can they do something about this? Thanks in advance to those who will answer.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    My fort gas consumption in stop go trafic is 3.1, so i guess your diesel is almost twice as efficient in fc. Dont know if my analogy was logical