New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 393 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    TVSS can be program to beep with arming or diarming. But its annoying, bec. it's using the horn. I have mine on silent mode.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    TVSS can be program to beep with arming or diarming. But its annoying, bec. it's using the horn. I have mine on silent mode.
    That's true... When programmed, the arm & disarm beep makes use of the car horn... It's ok if the lock and unlock button on the remote is one and the same. But, since the lock and unlock buttons are separate for the Fortuner TVSS, you don't really need audio confirmation if your car is locked or not.

Mine is set to silent, as well. My officemate's unit is set to honk when arming & disarming... Naiinis s'ya 'coz it's like ina-announce n'ya sa neighborhood that he's locking or unlocking his Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    That is so true, I dont like to annouce to everbody that I'm locking or unlocking the car.
    Anyway, Its in the manual on how to change the programming.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    vicoyski, ilan pa nakapila sa Toyota dealer mo for the Fortuner baka pwede makasingit?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    vicoyski, looks like your son is going to be a future tsikoteer din ah.. nice fortuner by the way..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Count me in.

Fortuner 2.7G Silver. No plate yet, so limited pa ang naba-byahe ko.

BTW, I wanted to thank all Tsikot members for very practical information and tips!!! Good job Tsikot moderators and members! I became a member just last May 2005 but I learned a lot!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    *Turbocharger: After I got my unit, I distanced myself from my agent na. I got so full of their "in-house terror" na eh... So, I have no idea how long the line is now. One consolation for those in line is that Thailand has apparently approved the increase in allocation for the Philippines. So, we'll see more movement by next month.

*zechs: Thanks! I just hope my kid doesn't take the car without my permission.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi lara! Welcome to tsikot.com and welcome to the thread! Congratulations on your new unit... I hope you didn't have too much trouble in getting your unit.

Updated list...

1. summer75 - 2.7G, Silver Metallic
    2. Monseratto - 3.0V, Silver Metallic
    3. andre - 2.7G, Silver Metallic
    4. trader - 2.7G, Extreme Black
    5. vicoyski - 3.0V, Silver Metallic
    6. lara - 2.7G, Silver Metallic

Friends, if you can, please post pics of your unit, especially if you have had some add-ons or modifications done...
    Last edited by vicoyski; July 15th, 2005 at 01:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks Vicoy!

Hindi naman ako nahirapan, mga 1 month and 1 wk waiting, am not expecting it to be that short(?), was expecting mga 2 to 3 months pa. Our company was the one who worked for it and I am the No.1 in the reservation list for the Fortuner 2.7G among those who requested within our company. Luckily I got the unit immediately. No additional cost except that I got a very cheap matting (black?), very cheap seat cover (gray corduroy?), and regular 3M tint as freebies. Am still thinking if I'll replace it pa. Am still studying options. I just upgraded my tint to magic dark and paid addl PhP3,200+ to Toyota.

I have kids so I would need a good car upholstery.
    -inquired at Seatmate, they quoted PhP7,500 (automative standard leatherette daw) not sure on durability, aesthetic, and maintenance. EVO quoted 6K+ (german leatherette). still evaluating.
    -wanted Kelseat but for practical reasons, baka dapat dumihan ko na lang muna yun existing upholstery, tatanggalin din pala. na-delay pa yun gastos.

For the car matting:
    - considering 3M Nomads, pero 1st and 2nd row lang yun.
    - asked for quotations from EVO, RL parepareho lang price - di pa ko sure kung 3M Nomad quality nga ba talaga yun -PhP5.5K+ (3 rows)
    - thinking of using the mats muna until mabutas ko (which I doubt because when I drive, nakapaa lang ako -but more comfy w/o shoes).
    - pag may passenger na, tupi tupi na yun matting sa sobrang nipis, useless

Am happy with the stereo, di ko lang alam kung pano ko kakabitan ng IPOD.

I don't have plans to change any from the exterior because am happy with it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Ate Lara buti pa kayo you're now enjoying your new rides pano naman kami? Toyota shaw told me that I have to wait for a year now to get a Fortuner.

Welcome to all owners of Toyota Fortuner [ARCHIVED]