New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Which of these two will provide a better ownership experience? It will be used as a weekend car for long family trips and not a daily driver. Is there a significant difference in fuel consumption between the two given that the Fort is CRDi and the Prado is not? How about reliability, regular maintenance costs, and availability of spare parts? I'd like to hear from those who have owned one (or both) or very familiar with at least one of these cars. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by taxo_p View Post
    Which of these two will provide a better ownership experience? It will be used as a weekend car for long family trips and not a daily driver. Is there a significant difference in fuel consumption between the two given that the Fort is CRDi and the Prado is not? How about reliability, regular maintenance costs, and availability of spare parts? I'd like to hear from those who have owned one (or both) or very familiar with at least one of these cars. Thanks!
    LC120 is more comfortable. The LC120 rides better than even the 2nd gen fort. Early 2.5 Forts are down on power, but the VGT Forts will be more responsive. Di ko alam if the 2011 2.5L forts use the VGT engine or not. 3.0 Forts win in terms of power. Fort will probably win in terms of fuel consumption because of the lighter body and the more efficient/newer gen engine.

Parts ng fort should be easier to find although di ka rin ata mahihirapan to look for LC120 parts.

That said, if you can find a well maintained LC120, go for it.
    Last edited by mda; October 25th, 2018 at 12:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    2012 fortuner pataas equipped na ng Vnt ang 2Kd engine , halos same lang ng response at Acceleration ng 3.0 lamang lang sa Ahunan dahil mataas torque ng 1Kd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    parang indie ako naniniwala SA weekend warrior. Kasi Monday to Friday ang talagaNg warrior, Laban againstcagaisnt co officemate crab,inggit, backstab, condescending and powertripping bosses, Nagtatanga tangahan pero tusp na customers

Dapat pag weekend relax lang , Kain tulog milkshake kape cake ganun

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    parang indie ako naniniwala SA weekend warrior. Kasi Monday to Friday ang talagaNg warrior, Laban againstcagaisnt co officemate crab,inggit, backstab, condescending and powertripping bosses, Nagtatanga tangahan pero tusp na customers

Dapat pag weekend relax lang , Kain tulog milkshake kape cake ganun
    Hehehe! You have a good point. But I was not referring to myself as the weekend warrior -- the car will be the weekend warrior kasi weekend trips with possible light offroad use. Thanks for the response anyway.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by taxo_p View Post
    With the Fortuner's infamous tagtag reputation, it can be established that the Prado has the better ride.

What variant of the Fortuner are you looking for? Fuel consumption will vary greatly. For the 1KD, I'm told it is not far off from the older 1KZ, which gets me 4-5 city, 8-9 highway in my Granvia, heavy footed driving.

The 1KZ gives excellent push off the line, which makes it perform well in stoplight duels. Small wastegate turbo means there is zero turbo lag down low, but boost tapers off pretty quickly. This also means it sprints from 0-120 at a respectable pace, but it starts to run out of breath beyond 130. Overtaking at triple digit speeds may require more risk taking. It must be said that this is a very durable engine. My Granvia is a 1997 model Japan surplus, currently with 178tkms mileage, which is relatively young for this engine. Still runs and sounds like new. No black smoke at 150km/h (fastest I've tried on this car), or when climbing the steepest inclines of Baguio, both of which were done with a full load of passengers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no brainer...LC....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk