New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ganyan dn ung brand new vios ko 1.5G and its normal abnormal kung hndi na bumaba and rev after few seconds.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I just bought a 2004 Vios 1.5G that might have been flooded. There is a "check engine" warning on the panel that doesn't go off even if the engine seems to working just fine, except for the noise when the fan goes on. I plan to bring it to the casa to be scanned but would like to seek the advise of those who might have experienced this. What could be the problem?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieziritzky View Post
    I just bought a 2004 Vios 1.5G that might have been flooded. There is a "check engine" warning on the panel that doesn't go off even if the engine seems to working just fine, except for the noise when the fan goes on. I plan to bring it to the casa to be scanned but would like to seek the advise of those who might have experienced this. What could be the problem?

Didn't you noticed it before you bought the car? i had the same experienced with my Civic 98 two years ago. I also bought the car in 2nd hand condition. I only noticed the check engine warning along the way when i took home the car. The warning sign will appear when i go above 2RPM and it will never go out unless you turn off the engine. I never had a problem using it for a year though as the previous owner said that it might only need a sensor cleaning. But don't take my words from it. Bring your car to the casa and have it checked.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    Didn't you noticed it before you bought the car? i had the same experienced with my Civic 98 two years ago. I also bought the car in 2nd hand condition. I only noticed the check engine warning along the way when i took home the car. The warning sign will appear when i go above 2RPM and it will never go out unless you turn off the engine. I never had a problem using it for a year though as the previous owner said that it might only need a sensor cleaning. But don't take my words from it. Bring your car to the casa and have it checked.
    Pareho tayo, nakita ko lang na lumabas nung pauwi na ako. So ikaw, you sold the civic after a year lang? Do you think I should also sell the vios within a year? hehe. Nadale ako nung nagbenta tapos kelangan ko din mangdaya para makabawi.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    afaik rpm above 1.5krpm is normal at startup then mag settle sa 700-900rpm in a few seconds.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thats normal bro.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Now I know why our neighbor's vios sounds noisier from usual during its start up, then after a while the engine sounds normal.

For gas engines 2K rpm is not that high, kung naka diesel ka medyo mataas na siguro yun.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Now I know why our neighbor's vios sounds noisier from usual during its start up, then after a while the engine sounds normal.

For gas engines 2K rpm is not that high, kung naka diesel ka medyo mataas na siguro yun.
    Normal sa gasoline engine na cold start ang 1.5K then down to 800 ang rpm. Sadya para mabilis tumaas at mag stabilize ang engine temperature.
    2K rpm at cold start sa diesel is abnormal. CRDi engine rpm ay stable sa vicinity ng 800 rpm range kahit bagong andar.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    normal yan ...1.5 vios S here

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Normal sa gasoline engine na cold start ang 1.5K then down to 800 ang rpm. Sadya para mabilis tumaas at mag stabilize ang engine temperature.
    2K rpm at cold start sa diesel is abnormal. CRDi engine rpm ay stable sa vicinity ng 800 rpm range kahit bagong andar.
    Yup sir tama po! sa mga isuzu namin pag ka start nasa around 550 rpm hehehe stable na po yun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
For Vios owners..