New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I need help pls. Experiencing problem with the temperature gauge. Actually pinagalaw ko yung temp gauge kasi pinalitan yung bulb sa loob so binuksan siya. After maibalik, lumabas na yung problem as illustrated below.

I brought it to Ceejays to have it checked and fixed. Unfortunately, kinalas nila ulit and opened the inside of the gauge, di nila naayos yung problem. Sabi ni Ryan of Ceejays is masyadong mababa yung idle ng vios ko kaya hindi raw nagengage yung compressor kapag hindi umaandar yung kotse. He is advising me to have an ECU reset or reflash kung di gumana since di naman daw sira compressor or yung magnetic clutch.

But the way I see it, what he said is a different thing kasi lumalamig naman yung aircon ko yun nga lang hindi dun sa setting nung gauge. My initial diagnosis is parang may misaligned sa loob nung gauge kaya hindi nadedetect yung proper settings ng temperature. Or may something faulty at hindi nagcome into contact sa loob. Now my problem is I don't know if I set my temperature to a maximum and quite bothersome din kasi baka maging cause ito ng overheat. Any inputs?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You should've brought it sa Toyota casa. My wife's car has the same problem of the thermostat bulb malfunction. In as much as I know how to take the center console apart just to replace that bulb (I've done much more complicated stuff than this), I'm holding back my eagerness.

I'll let the guys at Toyota casa do it once they bring down the dash for AC cleaning.

Vios aircon problem