New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hello We just bought the Toyota Vios E 2008.
    My Question is It only came with one Key that has the alarm remote attached to it and a spare key without the remote...

Is there any way that I can have another remote even the one separated from the key.... Any info would help a lot.

If there would be a generic remote so it can be programmed with the toyota Security system on my car or other ways...

I have an old remote from Titan just the remote would it be possible to reprogram it with this one....

Please Help thanks a lot and more power to All of you....

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Upon delivery or turnover, the SA usually hands over the all keys tied together. Look closely for a separately attached small metal piece with numbers etched on it. Show this to your dealer so that they can order/make a duplicate just like the original alarm integrated key. This is quite expensive but worth it though in case you lose your keys.

I don't think any generic remote can simply be programmed without the access and use of Toyota's proprietary programming software/hardware.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Upon delivery or turnover, the SA usually hands over the all keys tied together. Look closely for a separately attached small metal piece with numbers etched on it. Show this to your dealer so that they can order/make a duplicate just like the original alarm integrated key. This is quite expensive but worth it though in case you lose your keys.

I don't think any generic remote can simply be programmed without the access and use of Toyota's proprietary programming software/hardware.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'd like to recount the experience of one ACP member. When she learned that it would cost her Php7,000 just to get another remote control for her Avanza's TVSS, she asked for the price of the Code Alarm 410 system. Guess what? It costs around Php7,000 too! And it can even be triggered by breaking windows, which the built-in TVSS can't do! And to top it all off, it comes with 2 remote controls.

I suggest you do the same, that is, if you find my "tip" useful. I myself would've done so, had I required another remote.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the reply Guys