Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    RS killa i think..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18 View Post
    Hope aabot dito..
    They only made 600... I think it was disscontinued when the Vios was facelifted for 2006. Anyway, it was a limited edition model.

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Vios 1.5 at 700+ k, add turbo kit, around 150k (sureball), 850k, possible 160 hp (don't know how much more the plastic intake manifold can hold) and flat seven 0-100 km/h times.
    I think Toyota kept the engine upgrade mild(low pressure turbo) because it still uses the stock 1.5 liter engine with the addition of a bolt on Turbo kit and a new ECU.

If they did more modifications to the engine, they could have put a Turbo with a higher boost pressure. (but this would make it a very expensive Vios)
    Imagine a Vios with a Turbocharged 1.5 liter engine producing 180hp...
    Last edited by AG4; November 1st, 2006 at 05:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *ssaloon: Eh, corny ang dating ng welded steel manifold...

*AG4 Likely... actually, considering the rather high compression, it might not be wise to boost it any further.

One possible constriction is the stock Vios emissions compliancy and programming... giving it bigger exhaust tubing and catalytic converters would actually help in getting the power over 150hp without adding too much to the cost... but it would make it loud.

That's the way Dodge did it with the Dodge Neon SRT4... to maximize power while keeping costs down, the SRT4's exhaust is a straight pipe after the catalytic converter. It's still emissions compliant but it sounds evil...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Pag may pang bili yung conumer

Just like the old AE111 Corolla Turbo released locally to counter attack the SiR... I don't see any of those around anymore.
    OT: sorry mga boss pero may info ba kayo like pics & specs on the Toms or TRD turbo AE111 na lumabas dyan sa atin? Thanks! sorry ulit OT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Turbo VIOS